health and safety

If you think that makes you queasy, watch the movie “Free Solo.” Alex is my new hero! UFB balls in that dude!

Watched the full film a while back and you have to doff your cap to this lad. An extremely well presented and interesting documentary on alex honnalds bid to free climb El Capitan with the new york times calling it out as the greatest athletic feat of any kind ever. As a "sporting" achievement done for the love of the act and for no particular reason it's potentially at the limit of human existence in terms of its its specific realm or genre. Not for the faint of heart.

Trailers.

Last edited:
There is one shot, where the cameraman is filming the rock face from around a corner, with the Yosemite Valley and far valley wall framing the shot, giving you the actual perspective of height and distance.

Alex isn’t in the shot, but then he comes around the corner. It is the most astounding thing I’ve ever seen done by a human...and it gives me the willies.

It’s one of those films that makes you think what the hell have I ever achieved and it makes your balls pull up into your body. There is another film of two guys going up together takes them about 3 weeks on the face that’s not been done before very very good

It’s one of those films that makes you think what the hell have I ever achieved and it makes your balls pull up into your body. There is another film of two guys going up together takes them about 3 weeks on the face that’s not been done before very very good
Adam Ondra did it in 8 days just under a couple of years later. Then again, he's probably the best climber ever.

PBS America on Virgin has a documentary on now about this picture.

Wasn’t it the New York one that was fake?
LunchOnTopOfTheWorld.jpg

The Left has given us many gifts, but other than the NHS, perhaps none greater than the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974; legislation that arose from the most egregious of industrial accidents, Aberfan.

When moaning about some punctilious public-official with a clipboard checking the apparent strength of chestnuts, try and remember all those poor souls who lost their lives unnecessarily, when helping build this country. That’s why the clipboard exists in the first place. It’s a price worth playing Imo

I don’t agree with your analysis, especially within the construction industry. In relation to that, can’t see how anyone could sensibly argue otherwise.

well when cleaners put a dozen wet floor signs on the floor to create an obstacle course, and Metrolink decide only a Hillsborough style incident will be worthy of avoiding the usual crushes on the trams, as well as most commuters on any train in the morning, health and safety to the general public becomes nothing more than a protection against lawsuits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.