Health anxiety

es1

A nice light one for a Saturday night...

I've done so much googling (no doubt part of the issue) and convinced myself something is quite badly wrong. Seem to be developing new symptoms very quickly and many sound like red flags. Been to the docs twice in the last week and awaiting some blood test results but not expecting those till midweek. Genuinely no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight, got about 4 hours last night so i should be shatteted but my mind is racing. Trying to hide my fears from my family is the hardest part as I really don't want to worry them.

Anyone suffer from similar thoughts? Any words of wisdom...anything will be appreciated!

I've done so much googling (no doubt part of the issue) and convinced myself something is quite badly wrong. Seem to be developing new symptoms very quickly and many sound like red flags. Been to the docs twice in the last week and awaiting some blood test results but not expecting those till midweek. Genuinely no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight, got about 4 hours last night so i should be shatteted but my mind is racing. Trying to hide my fears from my family is the hardest part as I really don't want to worry them.

Anyone suffer from similar thoughts? Any words of wisdom...anything will be appreciated!
As you say, Googling your symptoms can often be a bad move - you’ll convince yourself that the very worst case scenario is inevitable. Hopefully your blood test results will come back good. Fingers crossed for you mate.

As you say, Googling your symptoms can often be a bad move - you’ll convince yourself that the very worst case scenario is inevitable. Hopefully your blood test results will come back good. Fingers crossed for you mate.

I have certainly convinced myself of that, no doubt

If you’re comfortable sharing your symptoms/fears then you never know, someone on here might have been in the same position and be able to offer more specific advice.

Mate share with your family they love you and will help you . What ever you feel is wrong with you , you need to tell your nearest and dearest so they can keep a eye out for you . They will be gutted if kept it from them . If you are really worried about your imminent health don’t hesitate in phoning a doctor or ambulance. Hope you are ok

All depends on what your symptoms are versus how the incredible body system works. If you are clammy, short of breath and have pain in your arm seek immediate attention. If you are confused, muddling up your speech or losing coordination then seek immediate attention. If youve already sought immediate medical attention and they are telling you to wait for blood tests then you need to be assured that things are in hand.

If you’re comfortable sharing your symptoms/fears then you never know, someone on here might have been in the same position and be able to offer more specific advice.

Good shout, ok here goes

I'm very active and noticed a pain in my groin about 4 months ago but brushed it off as a muscle strain. No rest of recovery has seen it improve. Last weekend noticed lumps in either groin (assumed enlarged lymph nodes), had pains in my leg latter part of this week, stomach pains, nausea cold hands and feet and itchy skin, hoping many of those will be anxiety relayed but who knows!

I've convinced myself I have lukemia.

I've never had any sort of feeling like this (Not being mentally strong) so I'm really struggling to properly manage it.

I'm a rational person and know full well I'm not helping myself by googling and getting worked up about it but I can't help myself.

All depends on what your symptoms are versus how the incredible body system works. If you are clammy, short of breath and have pain in your arm seek immediate attention. If you are confused, muddling up your speech or losing coordination then seek immediate attention. If youve already sought immediate medical attention and they are telling you to wait for blood tests then you need to be assured that things are in hand.

Cheers mate, it's the not knowing and being helpless/out of control feeling I hate the most.

You've done the right thing by going to the doctor but the wrong thing by Googling! I've been there myself on a few occasions and everything turned out OK. In fact, the one time it was bad news was when I'd gone for a routine, regular check, with no symptoms at all and they discovered I was diabetic, which came as a bolt from the blue.

I can't tell you not to worry; that's quite natural. Hopefully everything will be OK. Drop me a DM if you want to talk.

Reactions: es1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.