Health anxiety

Find out off your GP who the consultant is in your area and pay for an initial consultation. Around £200 will get you seen much quicker. Any further work can be on NHS.

Cheers, I feel like I'd be wasting their time if I try and do anything before these results come back which I don't want to do. See how things are in the morning...

Cheers, I feel like I'd be wasting their time if I try and do anything before these results come back which I don't want to do. See how things are in the morning...
You havent even had the results back yet , dont even let things like paying drs enter your head , the nhs will sort anything , in the unlikely event that there is anything to sort out

Stay in the present

Reactions: es1
Of course, wait for your results.But if there is anything untoward find out who it is being referred to and find out how long it will take.
And remember GPs are incentivised to not send you to see a consultant...

Last edited:
Reactions: es1
Find out off your GP who the consultant is in your area and pay for an initial consultation. Around £200 will get you seen much quicker. Any further work can be on NHS.
A good call Denis, the wife was in pain with her knee and the waiting list was horrendous so she got an initial consultation for Highfield private hospital.

They saw her the very next week and the same consultant performed her arthroscopy at Highfield but as an NHS patient. It's a good way to progress ailments if you consider it serious enough and also non cost prohibitive. We happily pay out for car diagnostics so why not for the most important machine we drive.

A nice light one for a Saturday night...

I've done so much googling (no doubt part of the issue) and convinced myself something is quite badly wrong. Seem to be developing new symptoms very quickly and many sound like red flags. Been to the docs twice in the last week and awaiting some blood test results but not expecting those till midweek. Genuinely no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight, got about 4 hours last night so i should be shatteted but my mind is racing. Trying to hide my fears from my family is the hardest part as I really don't want to worry them.

Anyone suffer from similar thoughts? Any words of wisdom...anything will be appreciated!
Hey man, I feel your pain.

I've suffered from HA for about 8 years, following some really disturbing symptoms. I was tested for heart issues and head issues, and developed permanent double vision.

What I can tell you is the mind is extremely powerful, and can make you genuinely experience symptoms/pain, mimicking serious illness. Try NOT to google, as this WILL make you worse.

Trust your doctor, and don't be afraid to ask for a referral if you're in doubt.

Hope all works out.

Hey man, I feel your pain.

I've suffered from HA for about 8 years, following some really disturbing symptoms. I was tested for heart issues and head issues, and developed permanent double vision.

What I can tell you is the mind is extremely powerful, and can make you genuinely experience symptoms/pain, mimicking serious illness. Try NOT to google, as this WILL make you worse.

Trust your doctor, and don't be afraid to ask for a referral if you're in doubt.

Hope all works out.

Cheers for that, very relatable! I've had similar issues in the past that felt serious but turned out to be nothing, hopefully this is the same...

Reactions: RP2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.