Heart Disease No1

Genetics aren't on my side so I will need to be careful as I get older. It took a good while for males on my dad's side to live past 60. My grandad died on a driving lesson aged 58, and my dad survived a heart attack aged 56. Hasn't stopped him smoking but what can we do?

I had a very detailed heart scan through my work a few years ago and all looked fine. I intend to have it every 5 years, 70 quid is nothing for peace of mind.

Our Mother had heart issues and she also had her mitral valves replaced in 1962 so presumably I too need to take care. I am carrying timber which is a no no but in my favour I don't smoke and only drink every other day.

I wonder if you can pay for a full MOT heart check or some procedure that checks your arteries for potential blockages? It seems to be the most problem related area and easily fixed with a stent if they catch you quick enough. More than likely cost prohibitive if at all available.

Our Mother had heart issues and she also had her mitral valves replaced in 1962 so presumably I too need to take care. I am carrying timber which is a no no but in my favour I don't smoke and only drink every other day.

I wonder if you can pay for a full MOT heart check or some procedure that checks your arteries for potential blockages? It seems to be the most problem related area and easily fixed with a stent if they catch you quick enough. More than likely cost prohibitive if at all available.
Bupa health check ups are available..think they start at around 300/400 quid

Arrange a GP appointment and explain your concerns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.