hearts and minds

city saint

noticed this too.we seemed to be losing friends and making enemies but that win seems to have turned them all back to having a soft spot.

Yes important we dont forget where we came from,some of the best and most clued up on the game fans I met were in the Third Division.

Wish we would cut out arrogant songs(we score when we want etc) unless we are playing Vermin and then to me its open season.

in recent weeks we have been getting lots of support from Norwich and Newcastle away
the number of their fans that came up to congratulate us after the match was incredible

we do seem to have become everyone's second team again, even though there have been a number of bitters come on to the board in the last few years telling us we were smug and no longer liked

it seems as though they may have been wrong, as fans of clubs that have been where we have on our journeys through the leagues appreciate what it has meant to us

usually its those at the 'top' table who have decried our rise and tell us we have lost our soul

Passing through Dipperpool airport on my way home on monday, several people in there shook my hand and congrstulated me, including one of the guys working on the luggage scanners in security. Then again, they hate the vermin as much as we do!

Spot on mate.

I was in Milton Keynes on Tuesday - loads on non blues buzzing. Said it was the best thing thing they have seen in football, 1 fella even said he nearly had tears of joy for us (and he's an MK dons fan)
Castleford today - a woman told me she was dancing round the coffee table for 15 mins, having said that loads congratulated me.....nothing to do with leeds like...
A scouser told me some of the red side were singing blue moon in his local
A fella told me there was even a buzz in Glasgow, both Celts and Rangers. He actually tried to avoid the result so he could watch it later on MOTD!
A fella from Lutterworth text me 1st thing Monday morning, loving it, 'stick it up the Salford lots arse'.
A Spurs fan from Basildon rang me, said loads of cockneys absolutely loved it - southern rags were taking a caning.
Everyone I have spoke to has absolute sincere joy in their faces and words. Its fucking awesome!

jimharri said:
Passing through Dipperpool airport on my way home on monday, several people in there shook my hand and congrstulated me, including one of the guys working on the luggage scanners in security. Then again, they hate the vermin as much as we do!

I had the same on Monday at Liverpool Airport!

Even better was, I went back to work on Tuesday and all the teachers and pupils congratulated me!

This game could be as big for City as Euro 96 was for football in this country.Even people with very little interest in us and the game have been won over.The fans of other clubs have remembered why we were often classed as their second favourite club.

Those 95 minutes was like our whole history in one game.The team with the best home record plays the team with the worst away record.Win and we win the league.Simple eh?Only it wasn't.

The ghosts of City's past came howling and blowing in the strong wind,clutching at our hearts and emotions.You could almost hear them taunting us,''You thought you had left us behind eh?Not a chance!''

Suddenly we were the City of old.Blowing it when it mattered the most,even down to comic book defending.''Typical City!'' You could hear almost hear everyone shouting.

Despair,pain beyond belief,compounded all the more because our implosion would give the title to THEM of all people.The whole world watched our pain,our helpless agony.It was like being forced to watch someone you love being tortured and not able to lift a finger to help them.Excrutiating.Cameras panned to the grief etched faces,the tears,the rage.There was no hope,we were finished.

Suddenly we stirred.We scored and the ghosts wailed.The collective will of the crowd and i believe the watching world then rose as one to send them shrieking back firmly into the past,hopefully for ever,with one massive boot from Augero's right foot.We had done it!

As someone wrote in the tabloids if you had presented that script to a Hollywood producer he would have rejected it as too far fetched.Only this was real life and fairytales this time DID come true!

On the back of that win a generation of 6,7,8 year olds would of turned up at school on the monday morning and announced that they had chosen their team,and that team is City.

there are 3 kids including my grandson in his class who support City and they all have season tickets unlike the rest who never go .On monday he went to school and the teacher had the city crest projected onto the wall and played bluemoon yesterday he announced that there are now 13 city fans in his class

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.