hearts and minds

city saint said:
noticed this too.we seemed to be losing friends and making enemies but that win seems to have turned them all back to having a soft spot.

'Twas only the likes of Dippers, Spuds and any other team whose 'place' they perceived us as taking! All the ordinary fans who've flogged away with their team for decades, spent a king's ranson following them, saw one of the few occasions where the arrogant got their come-uppance. Sunderland and QPR fans cheering our winning goal. Tells yer a lot about what the nation thinks about MANUre! Everybody 'ates 'em!

SlightlyDangerous said:
Enjoy it while you can, it wont last long
fuck off you boring rag!! make sure you buy the mail and read about your club and their debt!

paulchapo said:
This game could be as big for City as Euro 96 was for football in this country.Even people with very little interest in us and the game have been won over.The fans of other clubs have remembered why we were often classed as their second favourite club.

Those 95 minutes was like our whole history in one game.The team with the best home record plays the team with the worst away record.Win and we win the league.Simple eh?Only it wasn't.

The ghosts of City's past came howling and blowing in the strong wind,clutching at our hearts and emotions.You could almost hear them taunting us,''You thought you had left us behind eh?Not a chance!''

Suddenly we were the City of old.Blowing it when it mattered the most,even down to comic book defending.''Typical City!'' You could hear almost hear everyone shouting.

Despair,pain beyond belief,compounded all the more because our implosion would give the title to THEM of all people.The whole world watched our pain,our helpless agony.It was like being forced to watch someone you love being tortured and not able to lift a finger to help them.Excrutiating.Cameras panned to the grief etched faces,the tears,the rage.There was no hope,we were finished.

Suddenly we stirred.We scored and the ghosts wailed.The collective will of the crowd and i believe the watching world then rose as one to send them shrieking back firmly into the past,hopefully for ever,with one massive boot from Augero's right foot.We had done it!

As someone wrote in the tabloids if you had presented that script to a Hollywood producer he would have rejected it as too far fetched.Only this was real life and fairytales this time DID come true!

Bloody hell mate, you got me welling up again with that!!

I have supported City for 40 years and was an ever-present before moving to Poole.
I have always remained in touch getting to several games each season. When the rags were 8 points clear all you saw were rag shirts all over Bournemouth and Poole. Since Sunday I have not seen one! What I have seen is locals smiling and telling me how pleased they are for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.