Hearts away , pre-season mid 90's

183sash

remember going , dont remember anything about the match apart from think we got stuffed , can someone remind me ?

We were stuffed 5 -1, Alan Ball is a football genius, Week later I think we drew with Spurs first game at Maine Road. We had a good night in Grassmarket.

The Ledge said:
Did City play Livingston that pre-season? That was my first game and I've never found out what year it was.
Wasn't that the following pre-season, 1996? We also beat Kilmarnock 4-0 or 4-1 that summer I think.

lancs blue said:
The Ledge said:
Did City play Livingston that pre-season? That was my first game and I've never found out what year it was.
Wasn't that the following pre-season, 1996? We also beat Kilmarnock 4-0 or 4-1 that summer I think.
went to kilmarnock , it was '97 , saw them play at Stirling a couple of days before, think we played one more scottish side in the tour , didnt see it ,dont know who it was against

183sash said:
lancs blue said:
The Ledge said:
went to kilmarnock , it was '97 , saw them play at Stirling a couple of days before, think we played one more scottish side in the tour , didnt see it ,dont know who it was against

Thanks, I think the other match on that tour was at the crumbling shit-tip that was Brockville in Falkirk so maybe the Livi match was in 1995.

The Ledge said:

That was July 97. I think we won 2-0. I remember Dickov flying into tackles and running the defence ragged, you'd never of known that it was a pre-season friendly.

The Hearts game was 95 and we got thumped 5-1. I've got a feeling that it was only a couple of days after Kinky signed and so he didn't play in the game.

Yes the Hearts game was in 95 but was a one off game and not part of a Scottish tour. It was following the tour to Ireland and probably the last game before the new season. We got battered, I thought 5-0 but we may have managed a consolation.

I was a bit drunk at this game, we went with the Chaddy branch, starting at 6am with beers in the Chad Tavern. I think I had about 30 by the time we got back home next morning.

The other Scottish games mentioned in this thread were part of the 97 pre season tour which included Livingston, Kilmarnock & Falkirk.

BL2blue said:
Yes the Hearts game was in 95 but was a one off game and not part of a Scottish tour. It was following the tour to Ireland and probably the last game before the new season. We got battered, I thought 5-0 but we may have managed a consolation.

I was a bit drunk at this game, we went with the Chaddy branch, starting at 6am with beers in the Chad Tavern. I think I had about 30 by the time we got back home next morning.

The other Scottish games mentioned in this thread were part of the 97 pre season tour which included Livingston, Kilmarnock & Falkirk.

Thought it was 5-0 meself, was on the Chaddy coaches meself, good old Bernard knew how to do an away trip. Was always steamin' when on his trips.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.