Hector Bellerin

He wasn't that bad vs Wales.

The likes of Brahim and Sancho, sure, but not in Denayer's age group and no CB in the 17-21 age group as good as him. He's better than Adarabioyo and Humphreys

Humphreys could easily be better than him, 4 years at that age is a massive difference.

Think Denayer will surprise a few people this coming season with correct coaching. We also have Maffeo coming through as well.

And I doubt the club will either. If they don't think he will be good enough they will sell. If they think he is good enough they won't. To say he is the best prospect we have had for years because of his performances in sub standard leagues does hold much merit. The top scorer and player of the year in Scotland last year couldn't make it at Wolves.

We are at a stage where we will only sell who we want to sell. And if we sell Denayer it's because he isn't deemed to be good enough now or in the future. Sure some will return to bite us but the last few "best prospects for years" have been the likes of Lopes Rekik and Suarez. They are having decent careers in football (and Suarez could be one we eventually regret) but as yet I don't think we have made the wrong call.

Bang on

According to Gala fans Denayer was very good in Turkey (and he looked good to me from what I saw). They desperately want to keep him.

I believe the club is fallible and hasn't shown enough faith in youth. Pellegrini should have been told to let Demichelis go and keep Denayer on. MDM made 29 apps last season. More than enough for Denayer - and he'd have had even more chance to play given that Zaba was out for much of the season

Pellegrini shouldn't have been told anything F the sort - he was the manager and he lives and dies by those sorts of decisions. Last thing we need is someone unaccountable making those choices.

In retrospect, it would have made sense to keep Denayer, but did we know Demechelis' form would fall off a cliff; Kompany would miss most of the season; Zaba would also miss most? I don't recall anyone complaining about what the club was doing 5 games into the season.

Haha, I certainly think he would divide opinion, in comparison to Kelechi where he is universally loved by city fans :)
I don't think its him but hypothetically if it was it would be great business. We'd be getting an exciting prospect in a position that needs strengthening who has years ahead of him. We'd be losing a player who's nearly 30 and best described as 'hardworking'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.