Heinz Tomato Sauce in Glass Bottles - Why?

The Fat el Hombre

Okay I've just been to the Spar on Oxford road for some of my dinner and I needed some tommy sauce, I get there and they've got the handy plastic bottles with the lid on the bottom (so the sauce is easier to get out) which are next to the traditional glass bottles of sauce (which are a pain in the arse to get all the sauce out as you all know).

The plastic one is 460g and was priced at 89p, and the glass one was 342g and priced at 95p.

Why do the glass bottles still exhist?

Cos they're better than those spazzy plastic bottles, I can't stand them, squeeze them and the stuff spurts out everywhere like a 13 yr old having his first power wank. At least with the glass bottles whule the sauce takes a bit longer to get out it goes where you want it in the right amount.

Funnily enough with the first squirt I got a shit load all over my shirt, gonna have to duck and dive round the workplace for the rest of the afternoon now!

Gram for gram, you've got obviously got the better deal.

5.1g per penny for your plastic bottle & 3.6g for the glass alternative. Whilst the glass bottle will become clustered with Tomato sauce after a week or so, your plastic counterpart can be cut in half and you will not be left to deal with any clotted Tomato Sauce.

You chose wisely Al.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Okay I've just been to the Spar on Oxford road for some of my dinner and I needed some tommy sauce, I get there and they've got the handy plastic bottles with the lid on the bottom (so the sauce is easier to get out) which are next to the traditional glass bottles of sauce (which are a pain in the arse to get all the sauce out as you all know).

The plastic one is 460g and was priced at 89p, and the glass one was 342g and priced at 95p.

Why do the glass bottles still exhist?
Because you can't get the plastic bottle as easily up your arse.

I've revealed too much here haven't I?

With HP sauce the situation is just the opposite. The small glass bottles are always better value on the grams per penny rating than the larger plastic ones. Why this should be I don't know but at Sainsburys and Tescos it is always the case.

What a minefield sauce buying is for the unwary.

glass doesn't leach cancer causing and gender bending chemicals into its contents.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Funnily enough with the first squirt I got a shit load all over my shirt, gonna have to duck and dive round the workplace for the rest of the afternoon now!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant stop laughing.....

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.