Helen McCrory, RIP

Well that sucks big time, a very fine actress. First came across her years ago when she was in Anna Karenina with the lovely Kevin Mckidd. She was great in North Square and pretty much everything I've seen her in though I've never seen Peaky Blinders.

Actor Damian Lewis has revealed his dying wife joked about him moving on and told their children "I want Daddy to have lots of girlfriends".

In a heartfelt tribute, Lewis described Helen McCrory as "a meteor in our life", following her death at the age of 52.

He said her "most exquisite act of bravery and generosity" was to "normalise" her death.

"She's shown no fear, no bitterness, no self-pity, only armed us with the courage to go on and insisted that no one be sad, because she is happy," said Lewis.

Lewis, who married McCrory in 2007, said in the weeks before her death she had joked about his future relationships with women.

"She said to us from her bed, 'I want Daddy to have girlfriends, lots of them, you must all love again, love isn't possessive, but you know, Damian, try at least to get though the funeral without snogging someone'," he said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.