Helen the bell ringer

Was only 9 when we moved to the Etihad but I'd heard Helen ringing at Maine Road and remember my heart skipping slightly when I heard her for the first time at the City of Manchester Stadium. So sad she never saw us win anything in the new era but I can imagine she treasured her memories of the 60s/70s teams.

Is that bell in a City museum anywhere or do her family have it?
1_Helen_Corrigan_1024x1024.jpg

Was only 9 when we moved to the Etihad but I'd heard Helen ringing at Maine Road and remember my heart skipping slightly when I heard her for the first time at the City of Manchester Stadium. So sad she never saw us win anything in the new era but I can imagine she treasured her memories of the 60s/70s teams.

This is how it feels to be City.

An old schoolmate of mine won the Turner Prize, Chris Ofili. From Portland Road in Longsight. Year above me in St Robert’s, grew up on the next street to the Beckford brothers, Clitheroe Road.
Jason B was same year as me, went to Burnage. Had to try and mark him at a Manchester Boys trial and that was the end of that

It's a small world, but I went to the same primary school I'm guessing, as I was at school with Chris's older brother Anthony. Spent my formative years living on Mentor Street before going all posh (?) and moving to Levenshulme. Well when I say I did, I mean my mum and dad, I was only 5 at the time.

Found this, it looks like the club have the bell. I have the same Scarf Helen is wearing in the article. Must be 50 years old now.

It's a small world, but I went to the same primary school I'm guessing, as I was at school with Chris's older brother Anthony. Spent my formative years living on Mentor Street before going all posh (?) and moving to Levenshulme. Well when I say I did, I mean my mum and dad, I was only 5 at the time.
I remember Tony Ofili very well, some of his best mates were my mates’ older brothers.
Everyone called Tony ‘Idi’ as in Idi Amin iirc. It is sed to wind him up like fuck because he was a bit sensitive about being a big lad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.