Hellas Verona, Italia

Bilboblue

Anyone ever been to the Bentegodi? Any reviews?

I am off there this weekend to watch the Hellas vs Inter Milan game, meeting a very decent Italian lad that has been over to watch City already.

They just won their first league of the season tonight, at home to Atalanta!

I'll be in the noisy Curva Sud, hoping to see a great game and Mancini lose his smile for a change!

I went around ten years ago but saw Chievo not Hellas. I remember the ground as being ok, a bit shabby but with a decent atmosphere even for the small attendance that was there. Walked from the city centre, if I remember correctly this took about 25 minutes. Verona is a good city, had some great food. I believe Hellas fans are known as a little right-wing. There's a very good book about their supporters from around a decade ago, worth a read if you have not done so already.

I've done chievo v Milan at the bentegodi, more Milan fans in the home end than chievo,chievo won 2-1 for the first time, as with all Italian stadiums it's a bit run down but still good.the few bars that are around or on the walk to the stadium are all Hellas bars.verona's a great city with a stunning centre especially around the arena.hellas have a reputation for being able to handle themselves so I shouldn't imagine there'll be to many Milan fans in the home ends

Anyone ever been to the Bentegodi? Any reviews?

I am off there this weekend to watch the Hellas vs Inter Milan game, meeting a very decent Italian lad that has been over to watch City already.

They just won their first league of the season tonight, at home to Atalanta!

I'll be in the noisy Curva Sud, hoping to see a great game and Mancini lose his smile for a change!

Bloody hell mate,your timings couldn't have been much worse ??

City v Leicester is biggest game of the weekend anywhere,but you probably arranged this trip a while back I suppose ?

I believe Hellas fans are known as a little right-wing. There's a very good book about their supporters from around a decade ago, worth a read if you have not done so already.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2014/hellas-verona-the-most-racist-fans-in-all-of-italy/

The book is "A season with Verona" by Tm Parks. This is best football book that I`ve read. I went pre-season to Verona to watch City in the Paul Lake comeback tour and it was a bit of an eye opener. I still have the Hellas scarf I was given by the staff at the ticket office.

A+season+with+Verona.jpg

Last edited:
Bloody hell mate,your timings couldn't have been much worse ??

City v Leicester is biggest game of the weekend anywhere,but you probably arranged this trip a while back I suppose ?
Yeah it was, and I never expected this to be a top of the table clash!

Hellas won their first game of the season last night haha!

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2014/hellas-verona-the-most-racist-fans-in-all-of-italy/

The book is "A season with Verona" by Tm Parks. This is best football book that I`ve read. I went pre-season to Verona to watch City in the Paul Lake comeback tour and it was a bit of an eye opener. I still have the Hellas scarf I was given by the staff at the ticket office.

A+season+with+Verona.jpg
That's the book that gave me and a couple of friends the inspiration to go.

My friend has been a few times but I have always been either at City, or working.

Rubbish kick off time at 11:30am Sunday but another 'amico', Alessandro is paying for my ticket to the game, I am really looking forward to it.

Saw the match on TV, bet you had an amazing time!
It was a very entertaining match (3-3) with plenty o chances and the atmosphere sounded very good

Verona fans are some of the best in Italy, they always sing no matter what's the score or the league table

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.