Help for Heroes-London Marathon

marie

As some of you may know I ran the London Marathon for Help For Heroes yesterday. I managed it in 04:44:31. I have raised £1467.90 so far, thank you to the Bluemooners who have supported & sponsored me. After the race I went to Wellington Barracks, where I saw some of our brave men with lost limbs who had also completed the Marathon. It made me glad I chose that charity & made me realise just how lucky I am.

Well done, and thanks for supporting a great cause :-)

Well done Marie.

Was this your 1st Marathon? And before this was a you a runner anyway?

Thanx.

It was my 1st marathon. Furthest I'd raced before was 10 miles. I've only been running since February last year & in that time I've lost 4 and a 1/2 stone.

Thats some proper good going,
Some sadistic side of me wants to do a marathon, but I only starting running last month and am prob at 2 miles, still gotta shift some timber as it cant be healthy for my legs.
I will keep up my running as part of my training for Jordan in October.

Well done , marie, good effort on raising a very tidy sum for a very worthy and noble cause .

Piss-poor time ,though, did you stop for a three-course meal on the way round ?

marie said:
As some of you may know I ran the London Marathon for Help For Heroes yesterday. I managed it in 04:44:31. I have raised £1467.90 so far, thank you to the Bluemooners who have supported & sponsored me. After the race I went to Wellington Barracks, where I saw some of our brave men with lost limbs who had also completed the Marathon. It made me glad I chose that charity & made me realise just how lucky I am.

You have no idea what this means to the guys you ran for...

U r a hero to everyone of them...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.