help! I want to stop smoking thread.

Not sure if this is good or bad but I gave up 4 months ago after 30 plus years smoking and now I've got my smell back my farts stench like fuck.

I used to be a 30 a day smoker and gave up 5 years ago by doing two things ...
1. Not buying any pack unless out for the night (and always doing it)
2. Smoking them only that night only (give away the rest)

I only bummed a ciggy for so long before it became embarrassing and I don't go out often (kids etc) so after a while when I did smoke it tasted like crap. Because I smoked less and less each time I was out it was more and more of a waste of money. But I keep doing it.

So on one hand I still smoke (maybe 4 or 5 every 3 months) but on the other hand I consider myself quit. No cravings etc.

All my friends that smoked used various drugs to give them up and all went back on them, even one who had a bloody bypass at 40 because of them. I'm the only one who went cold turkey but the only one that's stuck off them.

So my moral is that promising yourself that you can smoke in the future but to a less extent might be just enough to get you through the tough part a the start. and by the end your addiction is mostly gone and you can control yourself much easier.

I should lso add that my realization that I needed to stop was down to Sky sports. I was arguing about giving up sky sports because it was 15 euros or something extra per month. then I realized I was smoking close that every day. So I kept Sky sports. :-)

1 week off them cold turkey. I think actually wanting to quit is the main thing. After numerous failed attempts, I decided I really want to stay off them. Finding it piss easy so far, but I've got a party this weekend so I guess this will be the real test.

bluezi said:
Bump
Still smoke free. And hoping today's tension won't change it.
109 days with out a smoke.

Well done mate, I've been off them since Feb last year, it just gets easier once you've broke the habit. Bet you don't like the smell of them now, or at least you notice when someone else comes back from a smoke break and wonder if you used to smell like that.

I am still using an e-cig but can actually see the day when I kick them into touch.

nw42 said:
bluezi said:
Bump

Well done mate, I've been off them since Feb last year, it just gets easier once you've broke the habit. Bet you don't like the smell of them now, or at least you notice when someone else comes back from a smoke break and wonder if you used to smell like that.

I am still using an e-cig but can actually see the day when I kick them into touch.

Cheers me. I'm cold turkey now have been for a while. It can be shit at times and librating at others.
Best of luck pal

Bodicoteblue said:
13 years fag free thanks to Allen Carr - Google him - made all the difference for me.

Been mentioned before and others say same as you. Did nothing for me, the book bored me senseless and the talking book made me go outside for a smoke. Each to their own.

bluezi said:
Bump

Good on you, but stop counting the days.

I know it's hard, but try and pretend you never smoked at all.

109 days is fantastic, but it's time to start thinking forward, not back

Think of the positives, not how long it's been since you had a stinking, chemical filled fag that will give you countless painful illnesses that will end your life earlier than it should, in great pain and discomfort, possibly for years.

2 years and 3 months for me... still on the e cig though... but I like it... Strawberry Ice MMMmmmmmmmm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.