Help me get my toddler to sleep

frimpongs_buzzin

he won’t stay in his bed and is driving me batshit crazy. We’ve not had a full nights sleep in about 6 months. Can anyone suggest any inventive legal ways of keeping him in his bed?

I was up for putting a lock on the outside of his door but his mam ain’t having it.

How old? We had issues with out 21 month old for a few months but he appears to have got the hang of sleeping in a bed!

We just ended up locking him in his room and praying he went to sleep! Cried for ages at first but now runs to bed and goes yo sleep straight away

he won’t stay in his bed and is driving me batshit crazy. We’ve not had a full nights sleep in about 6 months. Can anyone suggest any inventive legal ways of keeping him in his bed?

I was up for putting a lock on the outside of his door but his mam ain’t having it.
Stair gate across the door, and let him scream his lungs out until he realises you ain't coming back.

He'll either give up and get in bed by himself or wear himself out so much that he falls asleep on the floor.

Generally the best thing I believe is to spend 2 or 3 nights (or as long as it takes) bringing him back into his bed and walk out. Over and Over again. Not a word other than the first 1 or 2 times.

We did it a bit with our eldest and it worked.

I'll try to find the name of the book that my wife read and recommended to others afterwards.

It's tough because the kids goes nuts but if you can hold in your own temper you'll win.

My 2 year old played up most nights so we bought her a night light looks a bit like the moon goes any colour she's been brilliant and sleeps well now

Stair gate across the door, and let him scream his lungs out until he realises you ain't coming back.

He'll either give up and get in bed by himself or wear himself out so much that he falls asleep on the floor.

That’s what we’re trying tonight. He’s fucking his bedroom right up. There’s nothing he can get to that will hurt him, but I keep hearing his toys going flying

Also in the book I spoke about I'm pretty sure they get into things related to pre bedtime routines, foods, etc.

For example maybe a bath before bed and then no messing (with Dad usually). Just very soothing atmosphere for a couple of hours before all hell breaks out. :-)

How old? We had issues with out 21 month old for a few months but he appears to have got the hang of sleeping in a bed!

We just ended up locking him in his room and praying he went to sleep! Cried for ages at first but now runs to bed and goes yo sleep straight away
He’s 2 next month. We put him in a bed last month. First few nights I think it was a novelty for him, until he realised he could get out of bed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.