Help needed to block FC UTD!

Seems to be the same shabby deal for locals - pay up for parking on a patch of ground for which yer've already paid road tax, an' yer can use a tatty old PC when no one else at the club needs it! Typical of local government these days.

Get on to Cameron, get it national. Local folk should make the decision.

The site itself is half unused. Used to have a running track on it but like most things in this city, it was left to rot and over grow. There are 2 football pitches on it, but then about the same sized area is fenced off and overgrown. It is a good location for a little stadium size wise, but the parking would be shite.

I thought those cunts, having greatly overestimated themselves, their fans actual ability not to get bored after a few seasons and their ability to raise funds that this little playground was never going to get built.......

If it does, and it's in moston I'll help you burn it down

Not forgetting their BILE towards us,most of the cretins are fat bald middle aged ex hooligans who yearn for the 70s.

Just listen to them,CONSTANTLY singing about us,and now want some kind of backing off BLUES in Moston,i wish the no vote all the best in the fight against this crank outfit.

In all seriousness, I was on a fund raising grant workshop and this was mentioned

<a class="postlink" href="http://qe2fields.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://qe2fields.com/</a>

2012 marks Her Majesty The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and we want to ensure that it is celebrated in fitting style. The Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge, operated by Fields in Trust, is a fantastic new campaign to protect 2012 outdoor recreational spaces in communities all across the country as a permanent living legacy of this great event.

From sports pitches to woodlands, children's play areas to gardens and bicycle trails to parks, the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge will protect a diverse range of outdoor spaces ensuring that there is something to appeal to everyone.

Whether you live in a dense city or the middle of the countryside recreational spaces are the heart of any community and the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge will ensure that these outdoor spaces are guaranteed for future generations.

Securing access to grassroots sporting facilities is particularly relevant given the other milestone event taking place in the UK in 2012 – the London Olympics. What better way to mark the greatest sporting show on earth?

The Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge will give communities an opportunity to vote for an outdoor space in their area to become part of the scheme and be permanently protected as a tribute to the Diamond Jubilee

If you can get it organised within your community, the job really is done

Pigeonho said:
The site itself is half unused. Used to have a running track on it but like most things in this city, it was left to rot and over grow. There are 2 football pitches on it, but then about the same sized area is fenced off and overgrown. It is a good location for a little stadium size wise, but the parking would be shite.

its not a running track but speed bike racing from the 80s
and the front of the site used to be tennis courts back in the 60s with a bowling
green at the side of the school

i may be wrong but the field was used for sunday league football and cricket
but got moved over the road

the speed bike race course was top on sundays and used to bring people from all over the world to race on bike's with no brakes

AndyFcum said:
MADEYEDSCREAMER You aren’t describing the true picture though are you? - This is not just about FC United. The partnership with Moston Juniors FC is conveniently being ignored here, which was highlighted in the leaflet. You do all realise that a large sporting complex was planned for this playing field earlier with better drainage and new pitches etc but MJFC couldn’t find the extra funding required, to add to the Council’s own £750k. The scheme would have given the kids’ dozen or so different teams somewhere to get changed and shower and so much more. There was no local protest or apparent concern over this earlier proposal to develop the valuable piece of Moston “green space”. The land is fenced off and locked, not a picnic areaand not parkland by any means.
The Council has since worked to bring in FC United and our £2.75m to try and find a solution to both our and MJFC’s struggle to find a permanent home in a joint project.
FC United know Moston Juniors well already and this scheme will introduce a fantastic resource into Moston for young local footballers to work more closely with an established semi-pro team; something the area should be proud to be associated with. These new pitches (floodlit also) and training facilities will help us both to help each other – a grass roots football scheme which has already caught the interest of the FA .
BLUEBLUEBLUE - you describe us piranhas railroading this proposal. What evidence do you have for this ridiculous accusation?

-- Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:45 am --

aaronctid said:
Noise Polution.
As an occupier of premises affected by noise nuisance you can complain directly to the Magistrates Court under section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. You may do this because you do not wish to involve the local authority or because you have not obtained satisfaction from them.

this football ground will generate unwanted noise, can section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 be used to help get the proposed build stopped?

This issue was successfully addressed in FC United's earlier planning application to MCC for the Ten Acres Lane ground through sound reduction technology/screens etc as the ground would have been close to housing there also, to minimise disturbance. Similar measures have been built into our revised design for the Lightbowne Road proposal.

Andy, I havent forgotten Moston Juniors. The only thing they need is a changing room and for that they have to be bullied into accepting a 5000 capacity stadium on their doorstep. They have the same pitches now as they will have if the stadium is built. But what happens further down the line if FCUM wish to expand the stadium...... how will the ''special releationship'' work then?
FCUM need MJFC far more than the other way round.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 am --<br /><br />I know this is late..... BUT if anyone in the Moston area against this proposal can get down to the Ronald Johnson Playing Fields at 11am today (yes, 50 minutes time!!!!) there is a demonstration by local residents against the proposals and the MEN is coming down. We need as many people there as possible to get the message across.
See you there!

Stuart said:
hisroyalblueness said:
it's a case of getting a bloody big petition organised and signed by all residents in the local area - with the backing of a local MP if at all possible but go careful there because they're slimy bent b#stards

I bet this slimy rag bastard ain't too far from pushing this motion through, hoping for the minimal amount of fuss from the local residents.
I used to knock about that area as a nipper, playing football and cricket on those fields. Good luck in the coming months.

_48129297_gallery_02.jpg
Pray tell what the fuck has pat got to do with any of this? He has never been an mp as you seem to want to highlight, and moston is shite all to do with his harpurhey ward. Really interested to know where you get the connection from??

I thought he was an MP around those parts.
I mean, Harpurhey is no where fuckin' near Moston is it ? MP/Councillor....my bad. Meh.
He's still a slimy bastard though, that's for sure.
My opinion of course, before you start going on one again. ;-)

For what it's worth, I hope the local residents get the decision they want out of this.

Does Councillor Karnage still think Rochdale Rd is akin to the Champs Elysees in Paris ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1404478_spot_la_difference__paris_and_harpurhey_to_be_twins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... o_be_twins</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.