Help on Bike selection (Pedal variety)

Clubber

Under your bed, playing Monopoly with the Bogeyman
I have been using an old mountain bike to cycle about (when I get the chance). Been thinking of getting a better bike though, but not sure what type I should get.

I do quite a bit on the road, but also like going down the woods (nothing seedy). I don't have enough cash to buy 2 bikes and was wondering which would be best for both. Kind of guessed I can't get a racer type, but do I get a mountain bike or a 'hybrid'. Not sure what the difference is but any help would be appreciated.

specialized " hard rock " @ £300 for the basic model up to £500 for the disc brake version , specialized are 1 of the top mountain bike manufacturers and this is their entry level bike , had mine 10 years and i cant fault it ,

What's your budget? If you want the geometry of a road bike why not get a tri-cross bike? If you're doing a lot of road cycling don't get a mountain bike. At best get a hybrid type bike. Bit like a road bike with bigger tyres and flat bars. Road bikes are superb though. Just breezed 50 miles round Saddleworth tonight easy. On a mountain bike you would put twice the effort in on the road.

AHEM

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=263744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=263744</a>

They do a well equipped hybrid for the same price. One tip-when deciding on footwear/pedals-get both at the same time and go to a good shop.

You need to ask yourself how much your gonna use it off-road, and on-road.

if it's like %80 off-road then buy a mountain bike as when you go on-road you will be pushing around an heavier bike but in say several years time if you come to buy a proper road bike - you'll benefit alot from the light weight and feel it much more.

I owned an hybrid for awhile until it was recently stolen. I rarely used it off-road though and just cycled alot on tarmac.

i will be buying a road bike, preferably an Italian model like a Bianchi, but my budget is £1000+

If you can hang on for a few months there should be some bargins on ebay and the like.

Road bike for fittnes.
Off Road bike for Fun.

I've got a fuji Nevada 4.0 great bike that i sometimes use to go to home games on (gets me back home well before the car can get out of the carpark). But i will be looking for a road bike in the sales something carbon fibre.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.