Help on feeling low?

Apologies in advance if this brings on a downer on the forum, but I've been struggling a lot with anxiety and mental well-being. I lost my grandfather earlier in the year, and I've recently moved to a new location up North for work. The upheaval has been overwhelming to say the least. I don't whether it's because of society and modern culture but I've been questioning my self-worth a lot over the past few weeks. I find myself picking up the phone to speak to family and friends just to hear a calm voice, and that helps a little. Maybe the football off-season has exacerbated things. Does anyone have any advice on how to get out of a mental low and roughly how long it takes to do so? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Try to avoid 'bottling things up'. Talking to people, even if they are strangers helps (sometimes is easier ).

It might be a cliche, but a problem shared is a problem shared. A fresh perspective on things from a different point of view can work wonders.

@Blue and true

So much good n sound reply advice in this thread, don't know how you feel about music mate but it can act as a great healing modality in so many ways.

Get yourself on one of the many music related threads on here, hearing so many different perspectives from so many different genre's doesn't necessarily have to be overbearing.

Keep positive bud.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.