help please

bluebird113

I keep getting a pop up on my desktop saying
iexplore.exe corrupt file
the file or directory c is corrupt run chkdsk

could anybody tell me what this means and what I need to do
in very basic terms your assistance would be very much appreciated

Scan your hard disk for errors Run the Chkdsk.exe program to try to recover files from any damaged areas of the disk. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK. A Command Prompt window opens.
Type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.

You are prompted to schedule Chkdsk to run when the computer restarts.
Press Y, and then press ENTER.
Restart your computer. During startup, Windows will scan your disk for errors, and Windows will try to recover any files that are located on damaged areas on the disk.

Try this and let us know if it fixes your problem,

Good luck.

dazdon said:
Scan your hard disk for errors Run the Chkdsk.exe program to try to recover files from any damaged areas of the disk. To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK. A Command Prompt window opens.
Type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.

You are prompted to schedule Chkdsk to run when the computer restarts.
Press Y, and then press ENTER.
Restart your computer. During startup, Windows will scan your disk for errors, and Windows will try to recover any files that are located on damaged areas on the disk.

Try this and let us know if it fixes your problem,

Good luck.

thank you I did what you said and its all good now, your advice was very much appreciated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.