Henry Winter On Mancini

lionheart

A sensible article in the Daily Telegraph....

"Manchester City do not need a new manager. They just need Mancini to confront assorted issues: bonding the team more, criticising them in public less, bringing in another centre-forward, finding some width, replacing Javi García with a more commanding ball-winning central midfielder, buying a top-class left-back with a good fitness record and cutting their losses on the likes of Samir Nasri and Edin Dzeko."

I personally think that Garcia will improve but otherwise, HW is spot on.

"Manchester City do not need a new manager. They just need Mancini to confront assorted issues: bonding the team more, criticising them in public less, bringing in another centre-forward, finding some width, replacing Javi García with a more commanding ball-winning central midfielder, buying a top-class left-back with a good fitness record and cutting their losses on the likes of Samir Nasri and Edin Dzeko."

I don't think he's capable of confronting these issues.

Does anyone think he's going to suddenly accept the concept of wingers? He thinks fullbacks provide the required width, which we've found is not true, but he persists with it anyway.

Bonding the team more and criticising them less is man management. Anyone think he'll transform into a good man manager?

Blue Haze said:

I don't think he's capable of confronting these issues.

Does anyone think he's going to suddenly accept the concept of wingers? He thinks fullbacks provide the required width, which we've found is not true, but he persists with it anyway.

Bonding the team more and criticising them less is man management. Anyone think he'll transform into a good man manager?
He accepts the concept of wingers, which is why we went for Hazard and Sanchez. He just doesn't accept that Sinclair is a good enough winger and believes Milner and Nasri are better suited to his concept of wing-play.

Full backs does provide the required width. It's just Kolarov/Clichy not doing enough. This is not something he thought up, it's a tried and tested football concept.

I'm in a minority in this forum, but I still have faith in our manager.

I agree with winter apart from on the left back thing, but will mancini confront theae issues? I expect he will be too stubborn

Mancini needs to get rid of Platt and Kidd, two wastes of space who just sit with gormless looks on their faces...

Which is precisely why we need a new manager.

Prestwich_Blue said:

Which is precisely why we need a new manager.

Exactly. Winter in effect says that City don't need a new manager as long as the existing manager overhauls his tactical approach and completely rethinks his attitude towards man-management.

The question is whether Mancini is too stubborn to do that, and I agree with the poster above who suggests that he is. So if you accept Winter's assessment of the situation, it means that we may well in fact need a new manager.

All the points are wrong with the exception of the striker. That is the problem at the club. You can't win the League with our available strikers - that is Not Mancini's fault. I don't see how it can be

The Fat el Hombre said:
I agree with winter apart from on the left back thing, but will mancini confront theae issues? I expect he will be too stubborn

It is at right back where we have a bad injury record with Maicon and Richards missing most of the season. Thank goodness for Zaba.

As we know Roberto falls out with people, however, when Roberto took all the blame for some bad performances a year ago the same British media ridiculed him. Also, Joe blamed the defence after letting in a few soft goals so "what goes around........"

Mancini has delivered trophies and that is the reason he should continue to be our manager

Marvin said:
All the points are wrong with the exception of the striker. That is the problem at the club. You can't win the League with our available strikers - that is Not Mancini's fault. I don't see how it can be
We played for half a season with the same four strikers who won us the league last season. We'd already more or less given up the title when Mario was sold and Aguero was injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.