here goes

pissedagain

they were not his players, hughes brought in the likes of santa cruz for £18m, not just picking on him, just making a point, i ve been saying on here for some time that half of them will be gone in the summer, last night makes me think more than half will now be moved on, you lot on here round on anyone who has a go at any of the players, well perhaps now you will understand why we have been going on about them now, most of them are just overrated

pissedagain said:
they were not his players, hughes brought in the likes of santa cruz for £18m, not just picking on him, just making a point, i ve been saying on here for some time that half of them will be gone in the summer, last night makes me think more than half will now be moved on, you lot on here round on anyone who has a go at any of the players, well perhaps now you will understand why we have been going on about them now, most of them are just overrated

I can't fullly agree with blaming Mark Hughes by proxy for last nights defeat. The players of the pitch are world class and to not see that is just looking for feel good reasons and why Stoke gave us a kicking. It's football, shit happens. We will lose and we will win. Santa Cruz, yup I'd have to agree, but the rest in general are a great squad.

I don't mind Santa Cruz, think he's wasted playing on his own though. Also, people got to remember that he's just come back from a bad injury, he's obviously going to be abit shakey this season.

pissedagain said:

acknowledged by most football followers and pundits as a quality squad that is currently underperforming.Yes some might go in the summer but it doesn't explain why we are playing so badly at the mo.

blueinbolton77 said:
pissedagain said:

I can't fullly agree with blaming Mark Hughes by proxy for last nights defeat. The players of the pitch are world class and to not see that is just looking for feel good reasons and why Stoke gave us a kicking. It's football, shit happens. We will lose and we will win. Santa Cruz, yup I'd have to agree, but the rest in general are a great squad.

Without Blue tinted specs on.........who is World Class on that pitch last night in a Blue shirt?

I would love to know

blueinbolton77 said:
pissedagain said:

Correct, but even RSC seemed to perform better when he was at Bburn. I posted a new thread last night but it appeared not to have been taken up. We had ten full internationals on show last night - the other, Ned, is captain of the U21s. On balance, taking the rough with the smooth, and the shit with the general household waste, we should be beating MOST teams in the EPL with the squad we have inside the first 45 mins. And that is not arrogance - I am just looking at the quality of the individuals. How and why they don't operate as a deadly killing machine on a more consistent basis is the season's mystery.

i agree with what you are saying about beating most teamsdave but come on quality players lads, micah, pablo, just to name two more of the average culprits, i could go on...honestly i expect major changes in the summer

Agree with the OP to an extent. The problem is though that these guys are on huge salaries and it won't be that easy to get them off the wage bill. Where esle will the likes of barry command even half of what we pay him? We have a bunch of mercenaries at the wrong end of their career at the club who have no hunger or desire to move the club forward bar the exceptional Argentinian.
If anything sums up the ridiculous signing policy of MH's reign, it's Santa Cruz. How on earth did we pay this money for him, it's abominable.
There's also been rumours before that Hughes had significant clashes with Marwood over certain signings, Toure and Adebayor to be precise, wouldn't surprise me if that's true.
Mancini tried to fill the gap in midfield in the window which is where we are most glaringly difficient and the club administrators managed to fuck that up. The extent of the clubs malaise does not rest on his shoulders, this much should be clear.

Don't really care whose players they are, Mancini's job is to get the best out of them.

So far it's been pretty good but it is slipping.

And Mancini has to be accountable for that, as well as the players themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.