Hereford United Thread

peoffrey

Team supported
Wales
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27786442

The famous giant killers from 1972 have been expelled from the Conference for failure to pay football creditors despite a reprieve from Friday just gone. Basically, the club have been on a downward spiral for many seasons and a 2nd relegation in 3 seasons (where have I heard that before?) was narrowly avoided on the last day against Aldershot Town. However, victims Chester FC have now been reinstated at Hereford's expense. Hardcore fans knew there were problems when the begging bowls were presented so they set up a Trust to lodge a formal takeover; but their well meaning yet incompetent Chairman sold to an unknown London based man called Tommy Agombar. He hasn't paid any of the long overdue bills and is evidently interested in redevelopment opportunities at both ends of the ground. Hopefully a sale to the Trust to start again lower down the non league pyramid needs to happen otherwise a phoenix club akin to Wimbledon or Halifax can restore some pride to a club desperately in need of a confidence boost. The fans need their club back.

I spent some time in Herefordshire as a teenager and used to watch Hereford United when I could. It's been my only experience of terracing as a home fan and I've continued to follow them for the best part of 20 years.

It's very sad, I lived in the area a few years ago, and since then have always kept an eye out for them. More recently I have been working on the big new Shopping Centre right opposite the ground. Maybe that's why the place is attracting the greedy developer types, the car park outside their ground is huge, so no doubt plenty of room for luxury in town apartments...

I was at the under 18's game in the FA Youth Cup at Hyde a few months back, their kids were a well organised unit, and gave us a tough game, and left with a lot of admirers after a gutsy performance. I wish them the best of luck. I did read somewhere that just one week of Yaya's wages would have solved their debt problem...

peoffrey said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27786442

The famous giant killers from 1972 have been expelled from the Conference for failure to pay football creditors despite a reprieve from Friday just gone. Basically, the club have been on a downward spiral for many seasons and a 2nd relegation in 3 seasons (where have I heard that before?) was narrowly avoided on the last day against Aldershot Town. However, victims Chester FC have now been reinstated at Hereford's expense. Hardcore fans knew there were problems when the begging bowls were presented so they set up a Trust to lodge a formal takeover; but their well meaning yet incompetent Chairman sold to an unknown London based man called Tommy Agombar. He hasn't paid any of the long overdue bills and is evidently interested in redevelopment opportunities at both ends of the ground. Hopefully a sale to the Trust to start again lower down the non league pyramid needs to happen otherwise a phoenix club akin to Wimbledon or Halifax can restore some pride to a club desperately in need of a confidence boost. The fans need their club back.

I spent some time in Herefordshire as a teenager and used to watch Hereford United when I could. It's been my only experience of terracing as a home fan and I've continued to follow them for the best part of 20 years.

And this is the sort of scenario that pisses all over FFPR when fuck all is being done to help the small clubs.Just look how near Portsmouth were to actually going into the Conference this season.
Fuck off Frog & The Swizz Army Knife and stop worrying about Clubs who have money !!!!

Is that you I hear crying Platini ? Are those howls of anguish coming from you Gill? Surely that's m.Wenger wringing his hands ?
No . The silence is , and will continue to be , deafening.
Surely we need to do something to save this club , for the sake of the fans , for the sake of football , - oh hang on - they're no threat to the G 14 clubs and never will be , so they can just fuck right off , we're not interested.

Somewhere in the depths of the FFP thread I posted that wouldn't it be nice if City could have been able to use some of the £16M Euros fine to bail out Clubs like this. Claiming the moral high ground as we did so.

I still have no idea what EUFA are going to do with our fine; split it proportionally with United and Munich and Madrid and Barca getting a few grand more than the Anderlects and the Ajax's I suppose.

An absolute disgraceful state of affairs when a Club, QPR already 60M in debt can go and offer a specimen like Wio £120K a week and this can also happen.

So sorry for there supporters.

As long as their cider industry does not fold, no need to worry.

Nah that is shit for their fans, i wonder what their views on ffp are?

What happens now then?, do they join another league?

TCIB said:
As long as their cider industry does not fold, no need to worry.

Nah that is shit for their fans, i wonder what their views on ffp are?

What happens now then?, do they join another league?

There was a tragic inevitability to the announcement today because of the slow and steady decline of the club. The new owner is an absolute charlatan and has no credible business or football history. He needed to clear huge unpaid bills and hasn't done it. As another poster says, there's a retail development built on the old livestock market site next to Edgar Street and the land including the football club is being eyed up. Many want the Trust to take over and hopefully the incumbents will realise they've bitten off more than they can chew.

Hereford are officially expelled from the Conference system which includes Conference North & South; so the highest available is the Southern League which is two under the Conference national. It depends who accepts them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.