Hernia.....anyone got one

I had an hernia last January ..went to walk in centre who sent me to a&e .
Doctors had a couple of attempts to push it back ...was bloody agony.
Ended up having an open that night ..said it would be about 39 min op and I could go home afterwards.
Turned out my appendix was twisted into hernia..was in theatre 3 and a half hours.
Surgeon said he never encountered that before...uses a mesh to keep hernia from popping out again, but still feels strange and a little numb.

Had one last year, in and out of the Alexandra in a day only after the NHS had misplaced/lost/forgotten to process my records. No after affects or numbness all good.
Found this out when I chased them up about my op, should have been an 18 week window from start to finish took about 10moths.
Once I'd chased them I had the op privatly within a fortnight.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Had inguinal hernia front of pelvis about 12 years ago. Long standing periods and any kind of shouting/cheering made it ache and a little protrusive until I lay down.Tired me out and gave me a lot of stomach acid issues too.

GP suggested I should live with it. Told him to get real and insisted he refer me, they did a mesh fix and now I wouldn’t know it was there - even the scar’s gone!

Get it sorted mate, if you can.

Had inguinal hernia front of pelvis about 12 years ago. Long standing periods and any kind of shouting/cheering made it ache and a little protrusive until I lay down.Tired me out and gave me a lot of stomach acid issues too.

GP suggested I should live with it. Told him to get real and insisted he refer me, they did a mesh fix and now I wouldn’t know it was there - even the scar’s gone!

Get it sorted mate, if you can.
I agree, get it done if poss. I had a double hernia op last year and although painful it was well worth it.

Top tip though is to take some laxatives before the op. I couldn’t even have a piss for about 12 hours with sitting down and relying on gravity. The strong pain killers bunged me up so much I couldn’t have a shit for three days. That shit was worse than the op.

I’ve been waiting 2 years on the wonderful nhs queue for a double hernia op. Finally getting it done next week. Painful when I’m driving but I can manage to play golf.

When i had my lungs scanned they found a hiatus hernia , stomach through the diaphram, could be from coughing and throwing up for months with covid , moderate one so no surgery , i can feel it though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.