He's definitely off..

CTID1988

On SSN, Robinhos loan deal to santos 90% complete (Robinhos own words). Should be sorted within 3 days. Not like we didnt know already, but he's definitely going (well, 90%!)
shame really

errrrmmm.... wouldn't believe SSN ....bullshitters and chinese whisper starters..... Didint they say we were signing Flamini on loan last week ..........until it on the OS thats when I will believe it.

I wonder what kind of deal has been arranged regarding his wages.

Santos obviously can't afford anything close to 160k a week. I'd be amazed if they could even by 40k a week. So who's making up the shortfall - us or Robinho? It had best not be us!!!

Dont believe anything on sky news unless you see it with your own eyes

Unsettled Manchester City striker Robinho underlined his desire to leave Eastlands on Sunday and stated a loan return to Santos is '90 per cent certain'.

The Brazil international was quoted by Radio Bandeirantes over the weekend as saying that he was set to leave City because he would not be guaranteed regular football by Roberto Mancini in a World Cup year.

City's manager announced after Sunday's victory over Scunthorpe in the FA Cup that he expected Robinho to stay in England during the January transfer window.

But British-record signing Robinho, who started and scored against Scunthorpe, is also quoted as saying on Sunday in an interview with TV Globo that all that is left to negotiate with Santos is the time period of his loan.

He said: "It's all good progress. Santos are only looking at the length of contract because they want a year and City want only six months but I think it is 90% sure."

Disappointing
Robinho, who has also been linked with Benfica, added: "Santos are talking to the staff of City and I think that within three days we can define it all."

The former Real Madrid player's time at City has proved disappointing since he arrived from Spain in a £32.5million deal in September 2008.

He has been criticised for failing to show full commitment by some City supporters and news of his desire to quit the club is likely to further damage his popularity.

Robinho, who turns 26 on Monday, said in his interview with Radio Bandeirantes: "The coach was very sincere with me and said that I would play every other match.

"I told him that would not be interesting to me, it's a World Cup year."

LOL at him 'definitely' being off because it's '90%' done. I still expect him to go though and don't think he'll be a major loss, though we could probably do with a bit more cover

Thank god. This means we will probably bring in a reinforcement of a different mould and position, since let's face it, we had too many wingers/forwards anyway. In fact, Robinho is not a winger, never has been, yet to accomodate him, he sometimes had to play in a winger position in a 4-4-2. This is something Mancio deplores, and I think he sees this as a problem situation gone, as Mancio no longer has any pressure to play the guy and in Mancio's diamond formation or 4-3-3, there's no room for him, especially with Tevez around. Tevez and Robbie are both support forwards.

Let us all hope we bring in another box-to-box midfielder now, as a way to beef up our midfield centre, that's where Mancio really feels we're lacking. With only Vieira, DJ, Barry and Ireland, we need another one, a player capable of some good attacking play, but at the same time able to put a shift in. It's a real shame Johnson once again is out injured for such a long time, as I'm sure Mancini would have loved him, but that's the harsh reality. Anyway, Johnson needs a replacement and everyone sees it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.