Hey Jude

Manchester, for all its incredible music, has never produced a band as good as The Beatles (not that anywhere else has either), and it is a great song. But yeah, I guess a Mancunian adaptation would be better.

For me, the best MCFC chant that can make hairs stand up and can be truly powerful is the old Viking Call which has become bastardised over the years to become known as 'the best team in the land and all the world'. It's uniquely City. Adopted by City fans first (and still only?) and when it was initially adopted in the 70s there were no words other than 'City'. I remember being both in the Kippax and on away terracing in the 80s when someone would start it off by holding the C for ages (which we'd all join in with) before it eventually breaks into the 'ity'. At its best the noise and power of that would shut opposition fans up completely. Since the late 90s the emphasis has gradually switched to the added 'best team in the land.....' part of it, but I'd love us to return to doing the chant as it used to be. It's raw, powerful and uniquely City.
Was it just the elongated "Ciiiiiiiiity" sang repeatedly? The "best team in the land and all the world" part of the tune wasn't included at all I guess?

Its not like Liverpool isn't Manchester main rival in many respects not just football and you can bet that none of the Liverpool sides would have a Manchester band as a theme song

When it comes to music, Manchester vs. Liverpool is a no contest. They have had 1 band in their history (maybe 1.2 if you count Gerry & Pacemakers). So no need to be insecure about adopting a song from a band for the ages,

When it comes to music, Manchester vs. Liverpool is a no contest. They have had 1 band in their history (maybe 1.2 if you count Gerry & Pacemakers). So no need to be insecure about adopting a song from a band for the ages,
Maybe its me growing up in the 80s....... what about Frankie Goes to Hollywood only the second act in the history of the UK charts to reach number one with their first three singles at the time(ironically the first......... Gerry & The Pacemakers).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.