Hey Jude

When it comes to music, Manchester vs. Liverpool is a no contest. They have had 1 band in their history (maybe 1.2 if you count Gerry & Pacemakers). So no need to be insecure about adopting a song from a band for the ages,

I 'kind of'' agree that there's no contest, but to say they had 1 or 2 is a bit harsh mate lol.

The thing with 'The Beatles' success, music was ready for a 'massive' change of direction anyway, they came along and hit every sweet spot in the market at that time for it to happen.

A lad I worked with was living in a city centre apartment at the time. He told me the day after that he was watching tv with his missus and you could hear it over the tv !!

That literally just sent a shiver through me!

Isn’t there a YouTube or Twatter video of someone (early leaver?!) in the streets outside a lit up Etihad with the singing so loud it is resonating well beyond the stadium??

Goosebumps!

Compare the crowd to the 6-1 at their place! Game over for 5 mins and still 50,000+ in their seats singing!

“This is what it’s like to be City....“
No tram service back then as well.
A major player in fans leaving early because it is a shite service.

I remember when we stood on the Kippax 68 we all sang this when it first came out.
In my memory I think we were one of the first teams to adopt Hey Jude. I don't remember Liverpool or Everton fans singing this in the 60s or 70s, perhaps because it didn't scan well. It was always the most popular song on the Kippax, though as many have said, we did also use to sing You'll Never Walk Alone, which was always the Liverpool anthem. I don't think United ever sang Hey Jude much either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.