Hgv tests relaxed by government

I have heard about the shortage of HGV drivers and was actually thinking about a career change to this.

Does anyone roughy know what would be the cost and timescale to become a HGV driver in the UK?
Also are there any blocks to becoming one? I have a small number of points penalty on my driving licence due to doing 40 in a 30 zone a year or so ago - would that be a issue?

Last edited:
Should be every 3/4 years when you reach 60.

I’ve taken the keys off my wife as she’s a danger to the public.

My wife told me I need to get in touch with my feminine side. So I stopped talking to her for 3 days and whenever she asked me what was wrong I said "nothing it doesnt matter" and then I went out and crashed the car.

(a nod to sickipedia joke site)

I have heard about the shortage of HGV drivers and was actually thinking about a career change to this.

Does anyone roughy know what would be the cost and timescale to become a HGV driver in the UK?
Also are there any blocks to becoming one? I have a small number of points penalty on my driving licence due to doing 40 in a 30 zone a year or so ago - would that be a issue?
At this rate it will be ‘when can you start’.

“HGV driving tests will be overhauled, meaning drivers will only need to take 1 test to drive both a rigid and articulated lorry, rather than having to take 2 separate tests (spaced 3 weeks apart). This will make around 20,000 more HGV driving tests available every year and mean drivers can gain their licence and enter the industry more quickly.

Tests will also be made shorter by removing the ‘reversing exercise’ element – and for vehicles with trailers, the ‘uncoupling and recoupling’ exercise – and having it tested separately by a third party.”

Keep death off our roads. F..k me. Removing the reversing! The most difficult thing to do and something every driver has to do. How can they take this off?? This has to rank the most stupid thing the Nasty Party has come up with besides pushing back dinghies, allowing old COVID patients out of hospital without testing Oh hang on…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.