Hiddink wants role as technical director

skybluekings

HIDDINK CONSIDERS NEW ROLE
LINK: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5717990,00.html

Guus Hiddink has admitted he would be interested in working as a technical director at a club.

The experienced Dutch manager is currently in charge of Russia but his future is uncertain after their failure to qualify for next summer's World Cup.

Having enjoyed a short stint as Chelsea boss at the end of last season, reports have suggested he could now return to Stamford Bridge in a new role.

It is also believed that PSV Eindhoven have offered Hiddink a position on their board, but he is still considering his options.

Hiddink is keen to stay involved in the game and concedes it may be time to move away from management.

"I am interested in working as a technical director," he said in the Daily Mail.

"On one hand, I am getting no younger and to work every day becomes less simple.

"On the other hand, the responsibilities of a technical director are more closely related to team affairs.

"This job offers tighter influence on strategy and future development of a club. it is close to me."

Rammy Blue said:
AlexC83 said:
So he's off to Chelsea again then...

no chance Alex, you don't have a world class coach like Ancelotti working with a technical director.

What the man who's been used to working with Adriano Galliani and Silvio Berlusconi breathing down his neck for however many years wouldn't accept someone working above him?!

(Apologies if you were being sarcastic!?)

The rumour mill started as soon as Russia got knocked out of the World Cup.

Favourite to return to Chelsea

why would Hughes refuse to have someone of Hiddink's class and ability within his coaching/management team?
arrogance? stupidity? pride?
I don't see it to be honest, if Hiddink wanted to come on board I'm sure Hughes would be OK with it.

AlexC83 said:
Rammy Blue said:
no chance Alex, you don't have a world class coach like Ancelotti working with a technical director.

What the man who's been used to working with Adriano Galliani and Silvio Berlusconi breathing down his neck for however many years wouldn't accept someone working above him?!

i wasn't being sarcastic and it isn't really a comparison with the situation at AC as Galliani and Berlusconi were meddlesome but not managers/coaches of football clubs.

my belief is that Ancelloti and Hiddink are far too big as characters to work alongside each other in a football capacity, they are bound to have differing views on systems and players - it just wouldn't work.

Rammy Blue said:
AlexC83 said:

i wasn't being sarcastic and it isn't really a comparison with the situation at AC as Galliani and Berlusconi were meddlesome but not managers/coaches of football clubs.

my belief is that Ancelloti and Hiddink are far too big as characters to work alongside each other in a football capacity, they are bound to have differing views on systems and players - it just wouldn't work.
Two big characters. Check.
No previous experience of working well in such a scenario. Check.
Differing views on systems. Check.
Differing views on players. Check.

Yes, that's everything required to appoint a technical director at any club.

Rammy Blue said:
AlexC83 said:

I agree it very well may not work but I don't agree that there's no chance of it happening - you give Abramovic more credit than I do obviously!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.