Hiddink wants role as technical director

blightee said:
why would Hughes refuse to have someone of Hiddink's class and ability within his coaching/management team?
arrogance? stupidity? pride?
I don't see it to be honest, if Hiddink wanted to come on board I'm sure Hughes would be OK with it.
old school belief that the managers word is final football issues.

He's right, we shouldn't have two people at the club regarding footballing matters.

It NEVER works out.

Damocles said:
He's right, we shouldn't have two people at the club regarding footballing matters.

It NEVER works out.

p14and15saturday_38_494648a.jpg

It's so crazy it could work.

Ricster said:
Wont be at City cos Hughes wont stand taking advice from someone else.

Yep, Cooke and Hughes are tight-knit. They won't let anyone else come in and disrupt their influence on the club.

We do not need a footballing nomad at Manchester City, all he will do is get himself a nice pay cheque and leave. If we go down that road of a technical director then it will turn into a circus down at Eastlands.

kiam06 said:
We do not need a footballing nomad at Manchester City, all he will do is get himself a nice pay cheque and leave. If we go down that road of a technical director then it will turn into a circus down at Eastlands.

Dare Hiddink say to the owners Hughes is not good enough ;)

I'm a bit intrigued about the whole football director thing, I can see a lot of logic in it but you'd probably need to look abroad for someone that doesn't see a football director as a direct blow to his ego.

Not sure that Hiddink as technical director and Hughes as manager really compliment each other, I'd rather see Hiddink in charge of match day decisions and coaching, and Hughes left to sign players.

The way Guus came in at Chelsea and steered them to a decent season has to be admired. The question of that loyalty repeating seems distant. Guus would look at the City squad and drool. As for working alongside MH, interesting scenario. Both would have respect for each other and their collective egos appear benign. Personality has a way of sorting it out which in the intermediate term I feel positive. Bring Guus aboard for the ride of his life and put him on as tactic match selector with Hughes priming the squad. What a combination. Gets me all warm.

When we are 1 nil down and Hughe is pondering how the change things would we honestly prefer him to be asking mark bloody Bowen for advice or getting ideas off someone like Hiddink.

Could be a pefect role for both them, hiddink doesn't want the day to day stuff, maybe a couple of sessions a week on defedning as a unit ( remember how well he got south korea and austrailia defending with crap defenders)and an advisory role on match day as well as his influence with players current and prospective could be a real help to hughes in his first big role for a few years till he retires and hughes would be better equipped to go alone.

blightee said:
why would Hughes refuse to have someone of Hiddink's class and ability within his coaching/management team?
arrogance? stupidity? pride?
I don't see it to be honest, if Hiddink wanted to come on board I'm sure Hughes would be OK with it.

All of the above probably.
Hughes doesn't have to take it but he seems to take it as an afront to his position if any is given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.