Hifi snake oil

Chippy_boy

Team supported
God's chosen team
Just what is it that makes people want to spend ludicrous money on silly things like speaker cables and connectors etc??? They absolutely make fuck all difference to the sound of anything and anyone who thinks they do, is a deluded fool.

I mean, just look at this (extreme) example, at a miserable £1,200:

tq_silverdiamondhf_square03_jpg.webp

It's a fucking *digital* cable FFS. Do buyers of garbage such as this not realise that bits is bits??? (And before anyone starts going on about jitter, no that is not an excuse, all modern DACs reclock the signal removing all jitter anyway.) This thing will sound 100.00000000000000000000% identical to a £5 cable. Bonkers, absolutely bonkers.

Then we have gems like this:

entreq_receivus_square01.jpg

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/entreq-recievus-radiation-absorber

A mere £750 for a piece of wood with a wire attached? FFS.

The world's full of shit like this. Copper bracelets to help rheumatism. The one I saw recently was Q-Link pendants. A bit of cheap plastic on a thin rope and they're charging $100 for it by claiming a load of bullshit benefits (one of their selling points is that it's waterproof). It can't cost more than a dollar to make.

It's telling that James Randi died with his million dollar prize unclaimed for anyone who could pick out gold speaker cables under proper test conditions.

Been in Currys loads in the past and salesman trying to flog £50 hdmi cable to an old couple to get their sales mark up, when he went away I said you can get same thing for a £5 on eBay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.