High end restaurants

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
I love cooking. I love eating. As posh as it gets for me is Gaucho Grill, well I say ‘as it gets’, that was years ago. I’ve eaten in a Michelin recommended pub in the Lakes, which was lovely but was just pub grub.

I watch a lot of cooking programmes. That idiot Heston is on now. Looked at his restaurant - 3 Michelin star - and it’s THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS reservation.

Tom Kerridge is my favourite along with Rick Stein. Kerridge’s Hand and Flowers pub has accommodation for 650 per night. Then food costs. Steins I always threaten to go to when down Padstow. My wallet says Nein.

Anyone been lucky enough to try such high end dining?

The nearest I got was when Aiden Byrne did a demonstration during the Lymm Festival. The food he produced, which we sampled, was superb. It was only a starter. I think it was £10 per ticket.

Been to Blumenthal’s Fat Duck which was a load of overpriced wank tbh. I find find dining restaurants to be hard work: the food is too fussy and frequently unsatisfying. The staff are frequently cunts too. Just got back from a trip to Bali where my mate (who I was visiting) insisted on doing it too often for my liking. Once would have been enough. I much preferred the local bona fide eateries.

I love good food - and good quality food too, but that doesn’t mean it has to involve 20 courses and a running commentary on very dish.

As to @Pigeonho referencing Gaucho - I fucking love it there and always feel satisfied after a meal - although it certainly isn’t cheap.

Went to Marco Pierre Whites place and the food was distinctly average, I had a funny **** before my starter though, think the French call it an amuse Bouche ... Poncy food doesn’t cut it for me, I’d swerve most of the high end places even if I could afford to eat there, as it’s food art not good wholesome food to eat ...!

Been to Blumenthal’s Fat Duck which was a load of overpriced wank tbh. I find find dining restaurants to be hard work: the food is too fussy and frequently unsatisfying. The staff are frequently cunts too. Just got back from a trip to Bali where my mate (who I was visiting) insisted on doing it too often for my liking. Once would have been enough. I much preferred the local bona fide eateries.

I love good food - and good quality food too, but that doesn’t mean it has to involve 20 courses and a running commentary on very dish.

As to @Pigeonho referencing Gaucho - I fucking love it there and always feel satisfied after a meal - although it certainly isn’t cheap.
Impressive you went Fat Duck. I can imagine it was like you described though. And I dare say you came out peckish.
Hand and Flowers is a bucket list thing of mine for sure.

Went to Marco Pierre Whites place and the food was distinctly average, I had a funny **** before my starter though, think the French call it an amuse Bouche ... Poncy food doesn’t cut it for me, I’d swerve most of the high end places even if I could afford to eat there, as it’s food art not good wholesome food to eat ...!

Dya remember this guy at the Bluemoon Cafe one match day some seasons ago. Cooking burgers and there were billows of smoke over the place. Blue smoke, mind!

Steins restaurants are over priced and distinctly average. If you want to throw out some money for fancy dining in the south west try Nathan Outlaws place in Port Issac, Michael Caines ex at Gidleigh Park near Chagford or Mitch Tonks gaff in Dartmouth. Best food for price is The Wheelhouse in Falmouth (usually need to book a couple of months in advance)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.