High end restaurants

Was that when Michael Pierre White designed posh burgers and other grub for the food stalls a few years ago?

Yes mate, I walked past bluemoon cafe on Sunday for first time in years and said to one of the lads I'd bought a designer burger there.
Was about £6 I think.
Ah well at least I can say I've had high end designer food!

Yes mate, I walked past bluemoon cafe on Sunday for first time in years and said to one of the lads I'd bought a designer burger there.
Was about £6 I think.
Ah well at least I can say I've had high end designer food!
Ah.yes, I tried one. A bit of rocket salad and a drizzle of some pretentious sauce and City fans are posh all of a sudden.

I still remember the guy at the back of the Kippax selling Westlers burgers and hotdogs on his cart. The aroma of onions and cheap fatty meat wafting through the air was enough to have to buy one. Mind you, I did think twice when I saw him come out of the bogs without washing his hands from holding his sausage. And his fag ash would sometimes fall into ones burger for added flavour. No Elf n' safety food hygiene cert needed in those days lol.I blamed it all on the beer for having bad guts after a game; )

Went to the Devonshire Arms over near Skipton for my mum's 60th a few years ago. The chef at the time had a Michelin star and we had one of those 8 course taster menus that they do. Basically it was 2 courses of froth and the rest were served in a thimble or 3 blobs of something in the middle of a massive plate. Don't get me wrong, it was all good but really not worth what we paid. In my opinion anyway.

Went to the Devonshire Arms over near Skipton for my mum's 60th a few years ago. The chef at the time had a Michelin star and we had one of those 8 course taster menus that they do. Basically it was 2 courses of froth and the rest were served in a thimble or 3 blobs of something in the middle of a massive plate. Don't get me wrong, it was all good but really not worth what we paid. In my opinion anyway.

Dan, some people pay a grand for jeans with holes, it makes them feel good. It is the same with food, pay a fortune and the value is in telling everyone how much they have paid for the meal.
The skill is in travelling far and wide, and finding a small family run restaurant cooking generations old recipes over a real fire.

Michelin star my are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.