High end restaurants

It's on fire apparently. Only been open a few weeks:

Bloody hell.

Sad news. Peoples jobs at risk and I thought it was a great venue. Can see it being completely destroyed to be honest. Real shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love cooking. I love eating. As posh as it gets for me is Gaucho Grill, well I say ‘as it gets’, that was years ago. I’ve eaten in a Michelin recommended pub in the Lakes, which was lovely but was just pub grub.

I watch a lot of cooking programmes. That idiot Heston is on now. Looked at his restaurant - 3 Michelin star - and it’s THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS reservation.

Tom Kerridge is my favourite along with Rick Stein. Kerridge’s Hand and Flowers pub has accommodation for 650 per night. Then food costs. Steins I always threaten to go to when down Padstow. My wallet says Nein.

Anyone been lucky enough to try such high end dining?

I've had high-class meals and they have been superb, but no way do you need to spend that much quoted above to have a really top draw meal...the problem is that these fellas are dining out on their perceived celebrity and trebling or more the price of their creations which are not worth close to being worth what they think they are worth. That Blumenthal chap has been on a voyage up his own arse for years. My wife watches the food programmes and I have seen a few of his efforts and they look OK. And that's it, just OK. Quite nice even, but worth his celebrity inflation? Nope.

Impressive you went Fat Duck. I can imagine it was like you described though. And I dare say you came out peckish.
Hand and Flowers is a bucket list thing of mine for sure.
Done the Hand and Flowers was absolutely superb.
Not only the food but the whole experience.
Planning a return in the spring.

I've had high-class meals and they have been superb, but no way do you need to spend that much quoted above to have a really top draw meal...the problem is that these fellas are dining out on their perceived celebrity and trebling or more the price of their creations which are not worth close to being worth what they think they are worth. That Blumenthal chap has been on a voyage up his own arse for years. My wife watches the food programmes and I have seen a few of his efforts and they look OK. And that's it, just OK. Quite nice even, but worth his celebrity inflation? Nope.

I once saw Blumenthal make "the perfect black forest gateau" It involved making a chocolate layer that involved putting melted chocolate into a tupperware box that you had to ruin by cutting a hole in it then putting the whole thing in one of those plastic bags that you put clothes inside then suck the air out of so you can store them in smaller spaces - he did all that then took the tupperware out and put it in the fridge - then.....when he took the chocolate out he had...........a chunky aero bar. All that pissing about could have been avoided by nipping to the newsagents.............. fucking garlic ice cream....I ask you........Joe 90 pillock

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.