High end restaurants

Le Gavroche, superb. Some of the best food I’ve ever had.

Le Cinq, amazing tasting menu for lunch several years ago, also had a special company dinner here a couple of years ago. Amazing.

Hong Kong Soy Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodle. Went twice and signature dish was a bit underwhelming (was sold out first time I went). Did only cost about 12 Singapore dollars though.

Tang Court, stayed at the Langham a few years ago and sampled the Peking duck, was good but I thought I’d had better chinese in Manchester to be honest.

Probably a few others...but these were the most memorable

Edit: 9 Michelin stars between that lot; huge variation in quality though imo. Michelin more of a marketing thing these days..

Been to Galvin Windows too, Food was ok not great but the views of London were great, could see decent views of Battersea power station. I think this might have been pre Fred as don’t remember seeing him there (was in 2015).

Just 20 metres down the road is one of my favs, Nobu on Park Lane.

Last edited:
Done the high end dining with mixed results, Petrus when owned by Ramsey and run by Marcus Wareing and it was a sublime experience including a tour of the kitchen during service the food was reasonably priced but the wine was wallet brutal.

Did a 2 star in Marseille which was so so, and after a fucking disasterous meal at Simply Heathcotes which was that bad I actually complained, my Maud and I were invited to a full complimentary evening at Heathcotes 1 starred restaurant in Longridge, we pitched up and obviously were earmarked for special treatment so 2 glasses of Champagne with one glass having a spiders web across it and the dozy waiter hadn’t noticed and just poured the champers, I honest didn’t know if they were taking the piss so I shrugged it off didn’t mention it and we both smashed into the menu and wine and loved the rest of the evening.

Andrew Fairley at Gleneagles is top notch. Poor **** us terminally ill now so if anybody fancies it they had better hurry.

Dya remember this guy at the Bluemoon Cafe one match day some seasons ago. Cooking burgers and there were billows of smoke over the place. Blue smoke, mind!
Opening day. I was getting in the queue just as he went out for a fag. The same single-brain cell yoofs that staff the stadium bars were his kitchen staff that night. None of the gormless fuckers knew what they were doing, staring gormlessly at a growing crowd of hungry and frustrated blues, and absolutely fuck all getting done about it. So back he comes a few minutes, he takes a quick look around, glares at the numpties around him, and gets busy on the burger grill. Full on. Flipping them like a boss; barking orders as he went. A starker a contrast in savvy you could scarcely picture.

Good burger, too.

Midsummer House in Cambridge is the best I’ve been to. Even better than Gavroche. It’s great as a one off. I certainly wouldn’t want to go to places like that very often. Diners, drive thru’s and dives from the food network channel is more my kind of thing.

Opening day. I was getting in the queue just as he went out for a fag. The same single-brain cell yoofs that staff the stadium bars were his kitchen staff that night. None of the gormless fuckers knew what they were doing, staring gormlessly at a growing crowd of hungry and frustrated blues, and absolutely fuck all getting done about it. So back he comes a few minutes, he takes a quick look around, glares at the numpties around him, and gets busy on the burger grill. Full on. Flipping them like a boss; barking orders as he went. A starker a contrast in savvy you could scarcely picture.

Good burger, too.
But did he wash his hands?

I've seen the 'staff' go for a piss & straight back serving.

I been to purnells which was ok but atmosphere was non existent. 7/10
Opus in Birmingham 6.5/10
Adams in Birmingham 8/10
Marco Pierre white for lunch 7/10 nice views though
Manchester house 4/10 £300 bill with wine for 2 and one of the worst meals ive ever had
Ivy in London 8.5/10 reasonably priced but drinks are expensive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.