Highest average age in the prem

Manchester_lalala

Who can remember these quotes from the last season? How were on a downward slope and will be fighting for top 4 from now on. I'm guilty of these words myself, but if we get all our targets this summer, with some older players gone, I'm pretty sure we'd have one of the youngest squads in the prem.

Lopes 19
Denayer 19
Kelechi 19
Sterling 20
De bruyne 23
Pogba 22
Fabinho 22

Complete turn around from last season, I hope we secure deals for the last 3 on that list, we will be looking at a very fresh city squad compared to last seasons fatigued old squad. I didn't really know where to post this, I thought it was worth its own thread. I'm absolute buzzing at the transformation of this club. Will we get any credit for building a squad beaming with bright young players like Chelsea did last season? Will we fuck. Now we're spending again after a few years of saving (that's what I'm calling it), we're ruining football again.

This season is a taste of what is to come. Three eds players on the fringes of the first team hoping to secure more permanent positions. With pep possibly coming in 16/17, and our academy already starting to show glimpses of the talent it was made to produce, we will no doubt be the team too look out for over the next few years, just like we have been for the past five.

Bottom line is, we're going nowhere. I can remember reading on rawk, red cafe and the Chelsea forum last season that were fucked and our chance to become dominant in English football has gone. Unlucky chaps, we're off nowhere.

Our owners and backroom staff are proving to be the best in the business, special mentions to Soriano and txiki. The former gets shit loads of stick on here, but if he gets his targets this summer, he's made up for last years restricted transfer window. His contribution to the academy is also over looked, him and his many scouts are the reasons why so many talented youngsters are at the eds.

Lampard and Demichelis helped to distort the average age of the squad last season. It's in way better shape than some people think. Most of our big players are just hitting their prime, and if all goes to plan the new players coming in are direct replacements for the older ones. Yaya is a worry, but he's had a good rest and says he is raring to go.

Can someone check and confirm @city_watch tweet about more english players have won medals at man city in the last 5years (30 in total) and provide a breakdown??

Can someone check and confirm @city_watch tweet about more english players have won medals at man city in the last 5years (30 in total) and provide a breakdown??

Barry 2
Lescott 4
Hart 4
Micah 4
Bridge 1
AJ 2
Milner 4
SWP 1
Onouha 1
Sinclair 2
Rodwell 2
Richard Wright 2
Stuart Taylor 1?

That's 30 off the top of my head.

I know we have 10 league winners. Hart x2, Lescott x2, Milner x2, Barry, Rodwell, Johnson and Richards.

FA Cup I'm guessing Hart, Barry, Lescott, Bridge, Johnson, Milner, Richards, SWP. Not sure of the rules on how many you have to play to get a medal though. Thats a possible 8 anyway.

League Cup Hart, Barry, Lescott, Milner, Sinclair

Probably including charity shield Milner, Johnson, Razak

Thomas Cook trophy anyone?

It was never an issue. We had Wright, Lampard and Demichelis bringing the average up, but the rest (particularly the ones that start every game) are players who were just getting to 30. We're in a perfect position to start thinking about bringing in younger challengers over the next few years.

How many years do you reckon these players have got left, at least as a rotation player?

Zabaleta (30)
Kompany (29)
Fernandinho (30)
Toure (32)
Clichy (29)
Silva (29)
Navas (29)
Dzeko (29)
Kolarov (29)
Sagna (32)
Caballero (33)

World class players can usually offer something well into their mid-30s, and from that list, I'd put Kompany, Zabaleta, Toure and Silva in that category. They might have to adapt their game, of course, and settle for slightly less time on the pitch in the later years. The rest could easily maintain their current performance levels until they're at least 32. Obviously some will be sold while they're still worth something. And for a keeper, 33 is nothing. So there's plenty of time to be thinking about the next generation, and it's pretty obvious that we're already looking at it with our transfer targets and loan recalls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.