Hiking books

law74

I have been reading a number of books recently about people's hiking experiences, from the coast to coast, the West Highland Way to the Apalachian Trail or the Pacific Crest Trail (2660 miles from Mexico to Canada).
Some epic adventures, anyone recommend a couple of good books to add?

A good, light hearted, one is Barry Pilton's One Man & His Bog

All about the perils and pitfalls of walking the Pennine Way in response to a mid-life crisis!!! Well worth a read and some genuinely funny bits.

I remember being stuck in some God forsaken dive in west Wales once. The chippy was over a MILE away.
Not written about it though yet. Thanks for reminding me.

A good, light hearted, one is Barry Pilton's One Man & His Bog

All about the perils and pitfalls of walking the Pennine Way in response to a mid-life crisis!!! Well worth a read and some genuinely funny bits.

If you haven't read it, look out for one man and his log by the same author - similar sort of book describing a boating holiday in france.

If you haven't read it, look out for one man and his log by the same author - similar sort of book describing a boating holiday in france.

Got that too ..... Again very funny and it came in handy on the Norfolk Broads this summer. Was asked, when we returned to our starting point after an hour or so's cruising, if we wanted any "extras" for the boat e.g. a microwave or hairdryer etc ..... I asked if they did planks so I could make my mother walk it!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.