Hilarious Brian Clough and Dean Saunders story

Don't want to piss on your chips but it's also bullshit. According to the fella whose house it supposedly took place in anyway.

Haha! I remember Saunders getting called out for that story being bullshit.
Hes a fucking oddun that man, its not the first time one of his 'funny' anecdotes has been dismissed as made up.

Hes a fucking oddun that man, its not the first time one of his 'funny' anecdotes has been dismissed as made up.
I remember him being pulled up on it by Colin Murray on his show about it when they were on talkshite.

Nonetheless it's a funny tale.

My next door neighbour and his brother spent an afternoon on the lash with Saunders during the Euros a few years back. Said the **** never shut up for 2 hours until the bill came when he tried sloping off as if he was doing them a favour. No way was that happening to two Yorkshiremen!

I've got a Clough story, and it's true. 13 April 1992, United Reserves v Forest Reserves in the Central League. I was fourth official. United had beaten Forest the day before to win the League Cup for the first time.

My wife and sister were waiting for me after the game, near the players entrance say Old Trafford. Clough was on the Forest coach, waiting for the rest of his players. He asked my wife and sister what they were waiting for. They told him. He gave them both a chocolate bar from a tub full of them. He was still drunk from the day before.

Funny story surprisingly well told but the thing that doesn't sound true is the fake laughter in the background.

I've got a Clough story, and it's true. 13 April 1992, United Reserves v Forest Reserves in the Central League. I was fourth official. United had beaten Forest the day before to win the League Cup for the first time.

My wife and sister were waiting for me after the game, near the players entrance say Old Trafford. Clough was on the Forest coach, waiting for the rest of his players. He asked my wife and sister what they were waiting for. They told him. He gave them both a chocolate bar from a tub full of them. He was still drunk from the day before.
In the words of Alan Partridge, “that’s more of an incident than an anecdote.”

Don't want to piss on your chips but it's also bullshit. According to the fella whose house it supposedly took place in anyway.

“If asked to write the truth or the legend, always print the legend”. A. H. Wilson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.