hillsborough anniversary

Newlunar said:

I can't be arsed picking out a particular post, but as always Newlunar speaks without prejudice, malice or agenda.

One of the most balanced, informed and funniest(though not in this thread) posters on BM.

mackenzie said:
Newlunar said:
sput the wonder pig said:
Ok. I reitarate what I said earlier and that 20yrs on it's about the families now and not blame.

That's true.... so with respect, can someone please just explain to me the meaning of why Liverpool fans brought a massive 'Justice for the 96' banner to CoMS in 2006. What do they want?

Justice, Lunar.

Read the accounts of those that had loved ones that were believed to have died at the stated time. And knew that was wrong.

Could you read accounts of your Son (aged 15) being looked over as he died on a football pitch, when you had eyewitness accounts that told you he could have been saved?

Would you do something to at least get to the truth?

Okay, so who do they want made accountable? I wasn't there but from what I've seen this wasn't people jibbing in one by one over a turnstile. Hundreds of people got in at once didn't they? 'From the visual,audio and scriptual' representations I have had access to I believe the police opened the large gate because people were being crushed outside the ground. So what are they demanding? That the bloke in charge is sent to prison for corporate manslaughter whilst the people who forced the pressure at the back (assuming it is agreed that the physical presence of large numbers of bodies pushing caused the crush at the front) are never held accountable.

I'll let it go if someone comes up with something a little more convincing than you're a twat and a prick.

Corky said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Corky said:
Liverpool fans cost us European football in twice in the early 90's, that is why some city fans are angry. Our two best seasons since the 70s were unrewarded. They committed manslaughter as proven and admitted to by many 3 days after the Bradford fire, was there not enough dead for one week?
WTF are you on about? How on earth did Heysel cost us European football in the early 90's?

First off, the ban was lifted in 1990. Second, at that time it was still the champions only into the European Cup and the runners up into the UEFA Cup. We came 5th.

To quote your own words, why comment when you do not have a clue?

We lost all our places and got one 1 back this year.

Check out the Uefa cup places for italy in 1991, Genoa, Torino, Inter, Parma. That is Uefa cup not European cup or Cup winners cup. They had 4 and we had 1 as we were drip fed places back.

1 EC plus 4 Uefa means we would have had a place with our full compliement no matter what happened in the FA cup. I looked at it at the time.

There isn't anyway your response was justified.
Yes you're right and I apologise. However, the hooligan problem was at its height then and it could have been any big English team. It was also the government under Thatcher that wanted all English clubs banned from Europe, otherwise UEFA would have probably just banned Liverpool.

I'd also forgotten that Platini scored the winning penalty for Juventus. No wonder he hates English clubs so much.

The sad thing is that UEFA, by having the CL final in Rome, have completely forgotten the lesson about having major finals in unsuitable venues, if reports from the Arsenal game were anything to go by.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Corky said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Corky said:
Liverpool fans cost us European football in twice in the early 90's, that is why some city fans are angry. Our two best seasons since the 70s were unrewarded. They committed manslaughter as proven and admitted to by many 3 days after the Bradford fire, was there not enough dead for one week?
WTF are you on about? How on earth did Heysel cost us European football in the early 90's?

First off, the ban was lifted in 1990. Second, at that time it was still the champions only into the European Cup and the runners up into the UEFA Cup. We came 5th.

To quote your own words, why comment when you do not have a clue?

We lost all our places and got one 1 back this year.

Check out the Uefa cup places for italy in 1991, Genoa, Torino, Inter, Parma. That is Uefa cup not European cup or Cup winners cup. They had 4 and we had 1 as we were drip fed places back.

1 EC plus 4 Uefa means we would have had a place with our full compliement no matter what happened in the FA cup. I looked at it at the time.

There isn't anyway your response was justified.
Yes you're right and I apologise. However, the hooligan problem was at its height then and it could have been any big English team. It was also the government under Thatcher that wanted all English clubs banned from Europe, otherwise UEFA would have probably just banned Liverpool.

I'd also forgotten that Platini scored the winning penalty for Juventus. No wonder he hates English clubs so much.

The sad thing is that UEFA, by having the CL final in Rome, have completely forgotten the lesson about having major finals in unsuitable venues, if reports from the Arsenal game were anything to go by.

is it only me that hates the wops. Why do they need to stab people ffs they need to grow up its disgusting and i will never watch city play there.

read this today.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/mar/15/hillsborough-disaster-survivors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... -survivors</a>

shame there's so many trying to promote the myths of the disaster. Truely awful day that could have happend to many other supporters at so many other grounds. 38 spurs fans were nearly killed on the leppings lane due to a crush. They suffered broken ribs, arms, legs but were allowed onto the pitch. South yorkshire police accussed spurs of bringing ticketless hordes. The 87 semi-final held at hillsborough was delayed cos of problems at the leppings lane turnstiles. Disaster averted cos the kick off was delayed. Also problems at the 88 semi final.

As said that terrace was a death trap and badly policed.

rip to all those who died and thoughts to their families and friends.

Newlunar said:
mackenzie said:
Newlunar said:
sput the wonder pig said:
Ok. I reitarate what I said earlier and that 20yrs on it's about the families now and not blame.

That's true.... so with respect, can someone please just explain to me the meaning of why Liverpool fans brought a massive 'Justice for the 96' banner to CoMS in 2006. What do they want?

Justice, Lunar.

Read the accounts of those that had loved ones that were believed to have died at the stated time. And knew that was wrong.

Could you read accounts of your Son (aged 15) being looked over as he died on a football pitch, when you had eyewitness accounts that told you he could have been saved?

Would you do something to at least get to the truth?

Okay, so who do they want made accountable? I wasn't there but from what I've seen this wasn't people jibbing in one by one over a turnstile. Hundreds of people got in at once didn't they? 'From the visual,audio and scriptual' representations I have had access to I believe the police opened the large gate because people were being crushed outside the ground. So what are they demanding? That the bloke in charge is sent to prison for corporate manslaughter whilst the people who forced the pressure at the back (assuming it is agreed that the physical presence of large numbers of bodies pushing caused the crush at the front) are never held accountable.

I'll let it go if someone comes up with something a little more convincing than you're a twat and a prick.

I will prepare a response to this and your previous posts. Obviously it will take some time as there are so many things to consider and you will not just accept my word for things, so I will also come up with the evidence. I hope it will give you food for thought and better still, rectify the misjudgements you have made. Although I will take references from other documents (of course), I will respond to you personally and directly to the statements you have made, confirming the things you have right and proving where you are wrong. As stated above though, I will need a little time to prepare.

Thank you for your patience.

Its all getting a bit silly and disrespectful in here. Whoevers fault, whatever happened on that day is in the past, and in the past it will stay, the 96 will never return. Unfortunately it was an accident waiting to happen during those times and lessons were learnt from it, may it never happen again. RIP the 96

Jnr Kisby said:
Its all getting a bit silly and disrespectful in here. Whoevers fault, whatever happened on that day is in the past, and in the past it will stay, the 96 will never return. Unfortunately it was an accident waiting to happen during those times and lessons were learnt from it, may it never happen again. RIP the 96

It was fine until newloon showed up, he knew what sort of reaction his ill-informed views would provoke yet posted them anyway. He wasn't there and had nothing to do with any of it so should keep quiet. I suspect he is solely motivated by an in-built dislike of scousers or simply a desire to be different. The facts are that the Taylor report and innumerous statements from people who WERE there that day disagree with his crass and inflammatory opinions.

RIP the 96.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.