Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
Simplistic question I know but, why didn't they just take the teams off and feed the fans onto the field?
They did eventually but most of the 96 were dead or dying by that point. Plus there were fences at the front of course.
"eventually"
Wankers. They could have had them fences down within seconds (minutes?), surely?

there was no safety aspect with the fences they were welded and made to stay up little doors where only one at a time could get through i remember them taking them down in front of thhe north stand at maine road they had to use gutting gear and blowlamps

Tragic, poor organisation and incompetance cost innocent lives including the Heysal disaster, Liverpool have had a tough time of it in that respect.

rastus said:
Tragic, poor organisation and incompetance cost innocent lives including the Heysal disaster, Liverpool have had a tough time of it in that respect.

Agreed. Remember watching it unfold.

The police were fucking incompetent and only two ambulances made it into the ground?

I hope they get their justice.

bluemonkey71 said:
rastus said:

The police were fucking incompetent and only two ambulances made it into the ground?

You have to admire their doggedness. I hope they can find some peace. They certainly deserve it.

I will say, however, that it's shame the same level of commitment hasn't been shown from other members of the Liverpool support over the equally innocent and tragic deaths at Heysel.

Both of these events were an absolute tragedy and both were preventable and in both instances there are people responsible who haven't been brought to justice (not the LFC fans at Hillsborough btw).

BezzMCFC said:
I hope these familys get justice but i cant see it happening...

it will never happen, 23 years down the road and god knows how many files statements gone missing maybe because it was in the thatcher era certainly didnt help

I actually believed the sun at the time and I bet shit loads on here did as well(typical scousers etc). We knew it was bullshit pretty soon after though thank fuck.

Watchin that was quite shockin though

gordondaviesmoustache said:
bluemonkey71 said:
rastus said:

You have to admire their doggedness. I hope they can find some peace. They certainly deserve it.

I will say, however, that it's shame the same level of commitment hasn't been shown from other members of the Liverpool support over the equally innocent and tragic deaths at Heysel.

Both of these events were an absolute tragedy and both were preventable.

True didnt think of it that way, not sure if that inquirey sorted it all out and it was left at that. But even so its never mentioned or given respect to the deceased for both supporters as Hillsborough and as the above said only 2 bloody ambulances....jeez

Blootoof said:
I actually believed the sun at the time and I bet shit loads on here did as well(typical scousers etc). We knew it was bullshit pretty soon after though thank fuck.

Watchin that was quite shockin though

yes i did beleive the sun for a while, it shows how we can all be led like sheap and brainwashed by the power of the red tops

Disgraceful what went down that day.

The tv show hit the nail on the head right at the start for me when the narrator informs us that the superintendent in charge that day David Duckenfield had no previous crowd control experience.

Say's it all....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.