Historical Food/Beer sold at City

The Colonel said:
In the early eighties you could buy confectionary from a guy with a tray at the front. Things like oversized toffee hands. About as exciting as it got. Now my kids get more giddy about the jumbo hotdogs than the match.

Yep. I remember those guys walking around the pitch. They were kids if I remember correctly, pretty much, too. 13-14 year olds.

One of my defining early memories of the Platt Lane Stand was of one of these kids walking up the tunnel in the corner towards the pitch, at which point a few lads just sauntered over, helped themselves to handfuls of stuff and went "Thanks mate" and wandered off, leaving the poor lad not knowing what had just happened.

Packets of Salt and Vinegar flavor Fish n Chip biscuits that used to be sold by the kids that wheeled the tea urn around the side of the pitch along with a cup of scalding Oxo.

I first started watching city in 1978, and remember little trolleys being pushed around the perimeter, by i think was Stadia catering services selling either SMAX or MAX in large orange bags of little savoury biscuit type things, also CHIPMUNK crisps that came in 1 flavour ready salted....can somebody please confirm this is true...otherwise I probably had a nervous breakdown when John Benson was in charge, and I imagined the whole thing.

Blue Streak said:
Packets of Salt and Vinegar flavor Fish n Chip biscuits that used to be sold by the kids that wheeled the tea urn around the side of the pitch along with a cup of scalding Oxo.
I first started watching city in 1978, and remember little trolleys being pushed around the perimeter, by i think was Stadia catering services selling either SMAX or MAX in large orange bags of little savoury biscuit type things, also CHIPMUNK crisps that came in 1 flavour ready salted....can somebody please confirm this is true...otherwise I probably had a nervous breakdown when John Benson was in charge, and I imagined the whole thing.

denislawsheel said:
Blue Streak said:

Yes, I mentioned Chipmunk and Max XL I think they were called earlier in the thread. I never saw either of them away outside of a football ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.