History club

mannion18

Just sat here on the other side of the world listening to gobshites talking about history within the game. I sat there quietly enough letting them spout their media driven dribble, then after after a while I decided to join in stating afew a facts about our history only to be met yet again with we have bought our achievements. After a bit of back and forth it felt like I’d just walked down the the ally’s behind Maine Road, it doesn’t matter how hard you try you just can’t get the shit of you shoe. The narrative we have no history has been driven so hard that they actually believe we are a new team and they (Liverpool and United) are the only teams to who deserve the rights to be labeled with history.
Again I sat there listening as these three complete imbeciles spoke about their history in the game.
It got to a point where it did not matter what I said they were having non of it.
I finally just came out with “well I’ll be honest, you can have the history, we will have the future”. They sat there for Afew seconds as the realisation of what I had said managed to penetrate their thick Neanderthal skulls, only to be met with “yeah but you are buying it”.
I should have realised seconds into the conversation that no matter what I said, how I backed it with facts and reasoning, it doesn’t commute with these simpletons.
Now I totally blame the media for this, they are not interested in real journalism they are interested in clicks.
At what point will we be given the status of having any history. I know it should not bother me as as I pointed out, we will take the future over the past. But at what point will the media step away from this narrative that we have no history?

Never is the answer. They can’t stop us on the pitch and they can’t stop us off the pitch in the boardroom. All they have is this laughable ‘history’ bollocks to beat us with. It’s so lame it’s almost schoolgirl level.

The media are so fucked up....pmfsl reading the BBC headliners today...guess what main headline ..51 years between us being in a European Final... they angle this as being a bad thing..it’s a record they let us all know.

surely 51 years is some kind of History...... morons

Forgot to mention we are the only team to win a European Trophy with all English Players including sub, not to mention manager

Last edited:
That Billy Meredith with his fulsome handlebar moustache, brilliantined hair and scandalously short trousers was a wrong 'un ;)

Seriously all meatheads seem to equate 'istree with winning trophies. Consider that for most of English football's history there were only 2 trophies on offer the FA Cup and the Division One title. Therefore depending on your resources you're either more/less likely to win.

I love the fact that as defending champions in the 30's we got relegated. Or that we scored a 100 goals and conceded the same number in a season.

Bert Trautmann and the 56 cup final. Is there ever a greater story of sporting triumph?

Or Mercer and Allison transforming us into such a dynamic side and winning trophies?

Or Peter J Swales dismantling it all and ever more desperate throws of the managerial dice? Typical City!

Derbies against stockport macclesfield being mocked by bolton. Pollock Horlock The Goat and Dickov.

Wor Kevin and Zimbabwe's greatest socking it to the rags.

Being managed by a child's beanbag, sparky and Rocque Santa Cruz!

Roberto the scarf the cup. Don Sergio. There's been incredible highs and cataclysmic lows. We've come a long way.

The media are so fucked up....pmfsl reading the BBC headliners today...guess what main headline ..51 years between us being in a European Final... they angle this as being a bad thing..it’s a record they let us all know.

surely 51 years is some kind of History...... morons

Forgot to mention we are the only team to win a European Trophy with all English Players including sub, not to mention manager

Not too mention we were the 1st English team to win a major European trophy and a major English trophy in the same season..
Most rags and dippers only want to talk about history when it suits their rhetoric..
Fuck them.. They really are bitter bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.