History club

Thing with history,especially in sport, is it quickly becomes ancient.

Nobody talks about Villa, or Forest, or Preston. Very few talk about Hungary in the 50's, or even know where the first World Cup was held, let alone when.

They'll carry on not winning anything andd soon enough those horrible cunts will just be a spot on history's arse.

All I've had all morning is that it's not 'the treble'??? (Should we win it)

That evolved into it's not the 'utd' treble.

Once that was said I ended my participation in the conversation. 2 of them involved were season ticket holders at the swamp and I foolishly thought they were OK as far as rag supporters go.

Arrogant, thick, egotistical, needy fuckers the lot of them.

So where does history begin and end?
Until 1973 City had the same amount of trophies as liverpool. So for 80 years the dippers had no history!!!!.

This is what makes the 'history' discussion tiresome. They just shift the period under discussion based on when the club they support were successful and we were not.

It was not that long ago that a Spurs supporting cousin of my missus referred to City as a yoyo club. Of course, his point of reference is mid 80s to early 2000s. In terms of success on the pitch, arguably the worst period in our history. Convenient. I also don't quite get how being in the third division for one season over 20 years ago is used to define our history. Oh I do know, it fits their narrative. I can only think it makes them feel better about themselves and make them think their club and their support is more worthy. It just comes across as a bit desperate and needy.

All I've had all morning is that it's not 'the treble'??? (Should we win it)

That evolved into it's not the 'utd' treble.

Once that was said I ended my participation in the conversation. 2 of them involved were season ticket holders at the swamp and I foolishly thought they were OK as far as rag supporters go.

Arrogant, thick, egotistical, needy fuckers the lot of them.
They’re so insecure!

A while back, a Littlewoods fan at work came out with the "You’ve got no 'istree' bollocks.

I pointed out to him that we won the FA Cup, the League Cup and a European trophy before his mob did. All he could say was, "I didn’t know that".

The next time he saw me, he said that he’d looked up what I’d told him, and I was right.

The media are so fucked up....pmfsl reading the BBC headliners today...guess what main headline ..51 years between us being in a European Final... they angle this as being a bad thing..it’s a record they let us all know.

surely 51 years is some kind of History...... morons

Forgot to mention we are the only team to win a European Trophy with all English Players including sub, not to mention manager
Just out if interest and a bit off topic but I was looking something up the other day, a non football issue but involved looking at Rag programmes online from the 70's.

Anyway, the glorious Rag team that got relegated in the 70's, the game I looked at had 2 English Players in the starting line up, 6 Scots, and others.

Lowest league crowd was 23k.

Parallels with our shit seasons but they have completely forgotten about the 70's and 80's at the Rags.

History only goes as far back as 1992 in the eyes of the obnoxious,ignorant,self entitled cunts that continue to use it as their stick of choice.
Even then it's 'history' if it's the rags and Arsenal then Chelsea winning trophies but when it suited, Liverpool's only title in 30 years was 'history'.

We will of course become one of the 'storied' clubs. But it will be fun overthrowing the apple cart.

I admire fans who continue to defend the ‘history’ of our great club. As a fan base we are now armed with football knowledge that very few supporters can match. I put this development down to the constant media attacks/FFP and informative posters like Prestwich blue among many others.

Now I would love to take the moral high ground when discussing football with supporters but as the wheel slowly moves inside their little brain I find myself losing patience. The constant soundbites from ratface and spitty get regurgitated over and over again.

At this point, I will now turn into a goading/gloating twat. You have reduced me to this low ground and I will thrive in it. Money spent- damn right and I hope we spend another billion. State owners- yea it’s great, I am not sorry you are still owned by the inbred yanks.

Moral of the story is thus...don’t waste your time and feelings trying to speak to a football idiot. They can’t understand so laugh and enjoy their anguish.

We are City super City From erm Abu Dhabi ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.