Hit by an Insured driver

stonerblue

Found a lovely note on the car yesterday saying 'i have reversed into your car' with name, address and phone number.

Phoned the woman and said i'd get damage looked at tomorrow and ring her.

Damage is a crack along back panel/bumper so presume whole new panel needed.

What's the craic with insurance? Does she make a claim and her insurers sort it or do i tell mine?

Found a lovely note on the car yesterday saying 'i have reversed into your car' with name, address and phone number.

What's the craic with insurance? Does she make a claim and her insurers sort it or do i tell mine?
Seeing as she's been so honest and your damage is superficial then offer to take your car to a local garage and get her to pay the bill. She may want to do that avoiding going through a claim ?

Get a price for it to be repaired. Tell her the price. She can then choose to give you the cash or go through the insurance.
If it's not too much, she will likely not want to get insurance involved.

Seeing as she's been so honest and your damage is superficial then offer to take your car to a local garage and get her to pay the bill. She may want to do that avoiding going through a claim ?
Might depend on quote amount and the excess BMR.

if she has comprehensive insurance then it is likely to be cheaper for her to make a claim despite the potential premium increase next time around.

As for you stonerblue all your repairer needs to know is the name of your insurer and policy number.

They might contact you because they have preferred repairers.

You usually if you decide to do it yourself will have to get a couple of quotes.

unless you don't have comprehensive insurance depending on your policy it might still cost you your excess but that depends on the policy you have.

Be mindful it’s not a scam.
I’d be wary about phoning any number these days as I also never answer calls I don’t recognise .
Maybe Google the number.
You're not very trusting mate. Was just about to PM you saying my African uncle wants to share 15M with you, n' all; )

I did exactly the same as this woman 28 years ago. Get a quote for the repair & let her know the cost, then she can decide to pay it or to go through her insurance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.