Hoffenheim (A) 1755hrs - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always seems in the champions league we get decisions against us as we play as we would in the prem. Majority of big tackles in the prem that are fair would be deemed a foul in the CL as the refs are used to the german/spanish style. Always slows our play down and we struggle to get a grip of the games. Hoping we pull it out tomorrow as its a must win game after the lyon disaster.
Ill be there in Hoffenheim shouting the boys on, come on blues! Lets get behind them and get the game won!

Ederson
Danilo Kompany Stones Laporte
Mahrez Gundogan Bernardo
Jesus Aguero Sane

Rest walker, Dinho, sterling and Silva.

They are quite a physical side, so I would look to play midfield capable of holding onto the ball and then a physical strike force.

It was always going to be a difficult awaygame this. And the Lyon-result hasn't helped things. For Hoffenheim it’ll be their first CL-game at home vs City who will obviously be haunted by the German press. So their crowd will be up for it. They have been poor in the Bundesliga so far that is quite common with clubs entering the CL for the first time. Those are the games that they play best.

Their young and talented coach and his players use a tip-top training-facility developed by their owner. They surely will be up for this one. We can’t afford to drop more points or we put ourselves in a really difficult position. Than again we look very strong away from home and I still expect us to get a win. But it will be difficult until the end. No time to think about Liverpool.

From what I have seen of Hoffenheim this season their defense is not very good, so I think we will get enough chances to win the game provided we take them. Hoffenheim's attack is not bad so I think they will pose a threat to our defense. I worry slightly about their physicality. They seem capable of playing very hard to the point of being brutal. I hope they do not injure any of our players. City will win this !

All I'm saying is Zinchenko left back everytime & we will win. When he's not there mistakes happen.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Danilo
Fernandinho
D Silva
B Silva
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

Ideally we'll have a comfortable lead and we can bring on Gundogan, Mahrez and Jesus in the second half to protect Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero ahead of Liverpool.

Having drop 3pts to Lyon in the last round this has now become a must win game. So we can't afford any defensive mistakes like in the last one. I am looking for a comfortable 3-1 or more score line for city.

Having drop 3pts to Lyon in the last round this has now become a must win game. So we can't afford any defensive mistakes like in the last one. I am looking for a comfortable 3-1 or more score line for city.
Hoffenheim and Shakhtar having both dropped points in the last round means this has now become a game we do not have to win.

However, things would obviously be much more comfortable for us if we do win the match (Shakhtar getting an away point would also be welcome).

I think we’ll get a hard-fought 1-2 victory.

Hoffenheim and Shakhtar having both dropped points in the last round means this has now become a game we do not have to win.

However, things would obviously be much more comfortable for us if we do win the match (Shakhtar getting an away point would also be welcome).

I think we’ll get a hard-fought 1-2 victory.
Agree with your first point but have a feeling we'll win this comfortably. Think they have a few key injury problems (including the Captain).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.