Holiday advice

Pay the rest on a credit card , they must re pay you when they cancel the holiday, if they go bust your covered by the credit card company , i’m Supposed to be going in June as well , it’s not going to be happening but you’ll get it all back if you complete the payment .....when is a different matter
This is sound advice. If you simply ignore or worse cancel you are breaking the contract. The EU Package Travel Regs protect you if they make a significant change to the package also Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act covets you if you use your credit card and they go broke or breach the contract.

If anybody is looking to go away in Autumn but nervous about booking, there are tons of hotels on booking.com with free cancellation and no prepayment needed. I've just taken advantage of this and if things go belly up in the next few weeks I can simply cancel.

I will need to book and pay for flights but at least it will just be on the only thing I'd need to dispute should things change and it's a lot cheaper than accommodation costs.

Last edited:
So we boarded on time for our flight to the home of civilisation and Zeus's birthplace Crete with the amazing TUI displaying the same levels of stoic attention to detail and par excellence that our Germanic chums quite rightly revel in. Masks were worn throughout the flight and cabin air recirculated and hepa purified to calm the worrisome amongst us. And yes I am fully aware covid can nip through a hepa filter quicker than I can get my underpants on but the thought was there and we felt relatively safe. On arrival we maintained safe distance like the ordilary sausages we are. Depending on your QR code you either got swabbed or you didn't. Coming from the Dorf as opposed to Oldham or Roccadale we went through with a cheery smile but there was a big chap like Dexter the cerial killer waiting in wellies plastic apron and a bag full of swabs to grip the unwary. I am led to believe from Nigel our TUI rep that 2's go through and odd numbers commencing 1's are checked. Resort is quite and the pubs and bars now have to close at 12 which is fine unless you are a clubber. The authorities have taken this action to curb the clubbing and problems with social distances this incurs. All hotels and shops have gel stations and masks to be worn on public transport. Stalls is a resort geared for families and older couples and the majority are observing social distancing. We actually feel safer than back home in Rochdale or Oldham.. Before we came we isolated for 5 days to not only protect ourself but also the locals. Not going on any trips to maintain safe protocol but its not getting in the way of pleasure and or relaxation and everythings open . Stay safe..keep smiling.

Last edited:
It's just really not worth it, is it.

Your absolutely right blue. Its just simply not worth it. Who in their right mind wants to stay in the epicentre of the UK covid pandemic. We for one could not wait to bail out of G.M. Stay safe lad and only go out for bare necessities. Yamas!

2 weeks self isolation is fine if your circumstances allow. I don't have kids etc so have been able to stay in without any fuss since flying home the other week. Taking temperature twice daily and still way below COVID temperature and still feeling fine too. Only 5 more days until I can go back out. You will see greater safety practices in the airport than you would at the supermarket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.