Holiday advice

Sounds awesome apart from the rising figures. I think it's a great time to visit places like Venice and Rome. There's lower footfall with there being no American tourists or cruise ships etc. I'm holding off booking flights until next week.

I amazingly received a cash refund over the weekend for my Croatia flight which wasn't cancelled. I happily rang up to swap the flights to Rome (even though there was a price difference in their favour), the airline wanted £150 extra even though the Rome flights were cheaper. When I mentioned this, the girl just offered a credit note or refund. I got very lucky with that.
It is awesome out here and still got five days to go !!!
You are on the money regarding no American tourists over here and great news about changing flights.
You’ll have to let us know how you get on !!!

Is that due to alleged breaking of local lockdown rules and poor practice?

Toying with the idea of the Amalfi Coast or Sicily. We've got Croatia booked later in the month by Jet2, expecting that to be cancelled by them later this week.
From what I’ve heard it’s poor practice up in the North. We were in Capri earlier this week and we were bollocked for not wearing our mask outdoors on the Marina. They are strict on the public transport too - you get temp checks before any ferry trips and masks must be worn on buses.
Amalfi is just incredible and if you decide to go then if I can help I will.

Scotland have now placed Greece on the quarantine list from 4am tomorrow. Boris Johnson under massive pressure to follow suit. Apologies if posted elsewhere. Greece is not at the trigger point set of 20 cases per 100,000 population ?

Scotland have now placed Greece on the quarantine list from 4am tomorrow. Boris Johnson under massive pressure to follow suit. Apologies if posted elsewhere. Greece is not at the trigger point set of 20 cases per 100,000 population ?

The UK govt normally announce any removals from the "safe list" each Thursday at around 2pm. The criteria is typically when a country exceeds 20 cases per 100k for a week.

I don't know what the latest figures are but the BBC are suggesting it's now 20 cases per 100k in Greece. Outbreaks in Zante have been linked to cases back in Glasgow which I imagine has cause Sturgeon to make the call, but as always she does her own thing in a petty manner undermining the rest of the UK.

The UK has been poor at making these removals, they haven't given airliners enough information or time to make contingency plans.

Greece is at around 28.5 for the past two weeks. I'd be amazed if they still have an air bridge to England this time tomorrow; some islands showing higher signs of infection than others, but the full country will no doubt be cast out like Spain was.

I do feel for holiday makers and operators affected by this, despite knowing of the risks when booking. I feel the transparency and time frame of these changes has been a farce.

Greece is at around 28.5 for the past two weeks. I'd be amazed if they still have an air bridge to England this time tomorrow; some islands showing higher signs of infection than others, but the full country will no doubt be cast out like Spain was.

I do feel for holiday makers and operators affected by this, despite knowing of the risks when booking. I feel the transparency and time frame of these changes has been a farce.

Around 14 per 100,000 last week. As of September 1st still tracking the same.

Around 14 per 100,000 last week. As of September 1st still tracking the same.

Yeah, I've been using this link. Not sure why the BBC quoted "20". Worried about Italy's rise of 7 in a week.

I'm happy to go away in Britain but a lot of places are either booked up, in a toss location or prices are through the roof.

Yeah, I've been using this link. Not sure why the BBC quoted "20". Worried about Italy's rise of 7 in a week.

I'm happy to go away in Britain but a lot of places are either booked up, in a toss location or prices are through the roof.

Some really nice locations in the UK like Cornwall and Devon but not overly keen on driving more than 5 hours and besides the weather's a constant worry. Spain cases creeping up daily but quarantine or no quarantine I would not fancy masking up outdoors, that's why Greece held appeal. Love Tenerife with it's long scenic promenade walk from Cristianos to Adeje, but in a face covering ?

Last edited:
Bad news for anyone going to Portugal, the way cases were going this week (a 42% decrease from last weeks high, caused by increased testing in care homes) there was a chance it could have just squeezed below 20 for thursdays review but an increase to 390 cases today mean its very likely to lose its airbridge tomorrow unless the government look at the bigger picture (they wont)

Some really nice locations in the UK like Cornwall and Devon but not overly keen on driving more than 5 hours and besides the weather's a constant worry. Spain cases creeping up daily but quarantine or no quarantine I would not fancy masking up outdoors, that's why Greece held appeal. Love Tenerife with it's long scenic promenade walk from Cristianos to Adeje, but in a face covering ?
With a face like a robber's dog Bob I'd get yer mask on sharpish pal.

Woof; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.