Holiday ideas

Taxi, where we come from its Holiday not Vacation.
As you were

We gone and got Sky TV and plump radicalised by the menace from over the pond that's Hollywood.
After only three months I was diagnosed with a rare psychological disorder called FAS.
But listen to me harping on and shooting the breeze with horseshit.
I have to bail sky tot but have a nice day now you hear.

Marmaris is incredible @abu13 and a hotbed of entertainment and such a shame to see the massive decline in visitors.
The figures for 2016 have not yet been published, but comparing 11-month totals excluding December Turkey welcomed 24 million visitors in 2016 compared to 35 million over the same period in 2015. And 2016 was their worst year giving a fall of 41% and thats even before the recent coo and unrest.
Sadly 2017 may turn out to be disastrous for those that rely on this sector and really so sad to see.

Who could not be charmed by Sharmy sheik and it's people but it's now just a decimated wilderness.
Sharme was an excellent winter sun spot back in the day.
Now the weary traveler relies on the canaries with a reasonable 4 hour travel slot.
Flights are for pennies but in Jan Feb accomodation of any reasonable standard is off the barometer.
Tenerife is quality and Americas has a brilliant Hard Rock cafe.
Just up the road a short bus ride away is the charming resort of golf de sur that is still withing striking distance for Cristianos.
Get a bono card and travel is for pennies.

Happy holidays everyone and stay safe.
Some good deals in marmaris but the flights aren't great, so looks like Benidorm, all inclusive or not though it's a bit up in the air

Dont go all inclusive in the dorm Andy as you will miss out on all that this charming place has to offer.
It is so cheap to eat and drink that A.I is not really a viable option.
Unless of course you get a stunning deal in a quality gaff.
You can go to the Melia £300 A.I which is a 4 star hotel with Atrium lobby decked out like central park with triffids and bush growing over the chrome work.
They also have a piana bar were you can sip cocktails and engage in pleasantries before dinner.
The crux of the matter is that if you have only paid circa £250 to £300 for a week then you are not really a captive audience as the value is already there in just the flights and room quality alone.

We had an all inclusive in the Dorm and stayed at the Benidorm Suites which for a three star represented superb value for money and is a top ten hotel out of hundreds on Tripadvisor.The rooms are incredible with a seperate bedroom with flexible 50 inch plasma tv that can be tilted towards the front room and bedroom having English channels.
The bed and sleep quality is very good incorperating memory foam mattresses and memory foam pillows.
The balconies are enormous and overlook the mountain range to the rear.
Entertainment is not restricted to the architypal parrot show and flamenco bollocks of days gone bye.
They have turns on from the clubs like Michael Jackson and Take That (examples only.)
So yes all inclusive can work but only if it's for pennies.
Its not so often we go to the dorm on all inclusive and I advise bed and breakfast only.
The food in the bars is good.
A favourite of ours is the Wooky Hollow and the food is pub grub but topo notcho.
The best fish and chips in the dorm and served on a giant silver platter with mushy peas.
The biggest fish you will ever sea and I am a hungey fooker but struggle to get it all down.
Steak ale pie and chips liver and onions which is superlative and Cajan chicken to die for
Average prices at around circa six euros like wow !

Two sides to the dorm and one has the new town or English quarter with an amazing stretch of beach called levante which means quite literally sunrise.
The other side is more quaint and is the old town with tapas bars galore.
The beach on this side is called poniente meaning sunset.
It's ok for a night or two but it wont make you grin as much as the new town.
Levante promanade stretches for around 2 kilometres and houses some great eating and drinking establishments
One of our favourite is Tikki beach with a sterling view of the sea looking not dissimilar to a carribean hidaway.
Live music all day long normally accoustic sessions with oasis and style council.. that sort of thing.
Beer on tap is quality and is priced at one euro fifty a pint or around £1.30 a pint.

Some good artist doing the circuits are El Divo Tom Jones which was incredible Chris rea a tribute to the seventies with the who and style council
Albir senouir (ill be seeing you ) good british comic Lionel Ricj=hie and the commodores Pablo Bloom The drifters and many many more.
The oprato moderindi with all these artists that they are streets above the club turns you see back home.
If I was to describe the quality I would say they are in a catholic Limbo somewhere between stardom and club land.
They only accept the best of the best here and I cant emphasise that enough.

I shall let you into one of my little travel secrets but keep it to yourself.
The best value by a street mile is the Thomson deal section.
Log on and clik deals at the top and pop in Manchester and let TUI weave of it's magic spell.
Self catering at the moment in the dorm for £110
I mentioned a week ago on a thread called deal or no deal of the hotel Helios offering half board for £120
What you have to bear in mind is that these deals all actually exist and can be booked immediatly online.
Not like the icelolly brigade where you ring up and that deal has gone and they try to have you for a fat lad and charge you a hundred more.
Also unlike teletext and icelolly etc Thomsons include the full package of bags and transfers.
I implore anyone off here to find me a better site to deal with such bangs for bucks when vacationing
Thomson are the second comming but only if you get them off the deal section.

I will upload some piccies shortly.

Some peoples idea of hell is Benidorm but it makes us grin and it does the same for hundreds of thousand of sunseekers the world over.
I have travelled the globe extensively and Benidorm will fufill your every desire.
Hope this helps mate and Adios

Ps here are some reasonable hotels we have used.

Helios
RH Royal
RH Victoria
Melia
Benidorm suites.
Hotel orange
hotel venus
hotel nero
hotel calypso
hotel rivierra ..brilliant

Use tripadvisor for guidance and follow the herd

The bay of Levante beach from the headland

2poprao.jpg

And there is more to a holiday than vegging out on sunbeds.
The costa blanca has some of the finest ranches in the region.
Hi ho silver and away (riding boots not obligatory)

2eaigt1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont go all inclusive in the dorm Andy as you will miss out on all that this charming place has to offer.
It is so cheap to eat out and drink that A.I is not really a viable option.
Unless of course you get a stunning deal in a quality gaff.
You can go to the Melia £300 A.I which is a 4 star hotel with Atrium lobby decked out like central park with triffids and bush growing over the chrome work.
They also have a piana bar were you can sip cocktails and engage in pleasantries before dinner.
The crux of the matter is that if you have only paid circa £250 to £300 for a week then you are not really a captive audience as the value is already there in just the flights and room quality alone.

We had an all inclusive in the Dorm and stayed at the Benidorm Suites which for a three star represented superb value for money and is a top ten hotel out of hundreds on Tripadvisor.The rooms are incredible with a seperate bedroom with flexible 50 inch plasma tv that can be tilted towards the front room and bedroom having English channels.
The bed and sleep quality is very good incorperating memory foam mattresses and memory foam pillows.
The balconies are enormous and overlook the mountain range to the rear.
Entertainment is not restricted to the architypal parrot show and flamenco bollocks of days gone bye.
They have turns on from the clubs like Michael Jackson and Take That (examples only.)
So yes all inclusive can work but only if it's for pennies.
Its not so often we go to the dorm on all inclusive and I advise bed and breakfast only.
The food in the bars is very good.
A favourite of ours is the Wooky Hollow and the food is pub grub but top notch.
The best fish and chips in the dorm and served on a giant silver platter with mushy peas.
The biggest fish you will ever sea and I am a hungey fooker but struggle to get it all down.
Steak ale pie and chips liver and onions which is superlative and Cajan chicken to die for
Average prices at around circa six euros like wow !

Two sides to the dorm and one has the new town or English quarter with an amazing stretch of beach called levante which means quite literally sunrise.
The other side is more quaint and is the old town with tapas bars galore.
The beach on this side is called poniente meaning sunset.
It's ok for a night or two but it wont make you grin as much as the new town.
Levante promanade stretches for around 2 kilometres and houses some great eating and drinking establishments
One of our favourite is Tikki beach with a sterling view of the sea it looks not dissimilar to a carribean hidaway.
Live music all day long normally accoustic sessions with oasis and style council.. that sort of thing.
Beer on tap is quality and is priced at one euro fifty a pint or around £1.30 a pint.

Some good artist doing the circuits are El Divo Tom Jones which was incredible Chris rea a tribute to the seventies with the who and style council
Albir senouir (ill be seeing you ) good british comic Lionel Ricj=hie and the commodores Pablo Bloom The drifters and many many more.
The oprato moderindi with all these artists that they are streets above the club turns you see back home.
If I was to describe the quality I would say they are in a catholic Limbo somewher between stardom and club land.
They only accept the best of the best in the Dorm and I cant emphasise that enough.

I shall let you into one of my little travel secrets but keep it to yourself.
The best value by a street mile is the Thomson deal section.
Log on and clik deals at the top and pop in Manchester and let TUI weave of it's magic spell.
Self catering at the moment in the dorm for £110
I mentioned a week ago on a thread called deal or no deal of the hotel Helios offering half board for £120
What you have to bear in mind is that these deals all actually exist and can be booked immediatly online.
Not like the icelolly brigade where you ring up and that deal has gone and they try to have you for a fat lad and charge you a hundred more.
Also unlike teletext and icelolly etc Thomsons include the full package of bags and transfers.
I implore anyone off here to find me a better site to deal with such bangs for bucks when vacationing
Thomson are the second comming but only if you get them off the deal section.

I will upload some piccies shortly.

Some peoples idea of hell is Benidorm but it makes us grin and it does the same for hundreds of thousand of sunseekers the world over.
I have travelled the globe extensively and Benidorm will fufill your every desire.
Hope this helps mate and Adios

Ps here are some reasonable hotels we have used.

Helios
RH Royal
RH Victoria
Melia
Benidorm suites.
Hotel orange
hotel venus
hotel nero
hotel calypso
hotel rivierra ..brilliant

Use tripadvisor for guidance and follow the herd
Thanks for that, will have a good look tomorrow

Don't let the scaremongers put you off Turkey, I go for a month every year and would move there tomorrow if I could. I was there last yr when the coup attempt happened , didn't affect us in the slightest.
I go to a lovely fishing village called Gumusluk on the Bodrum peninsular, as far away from Istanbul and the Syrian border as you can get, friendly people, relaxed atmosphere, wall to wall sunshine and cheap as fuck. I feel safer there than in this country for sure and I wouldn't go anywhere else now.

Aim for a weeks b and b

Hotel flights and tranfers = £150
Daily spend we can divide into day and evening sessions.

Day spend

Dinner just grab a mackie dees for 1 euro
They have chicken burger or cheese burgers ..Make sure you ask for the 1 euro special one.
Best to eat light as you will be out drinking and meeting lots of new friends.
Dinner 1 euro

Beer for afternoon around 1.50 a scoop for quality lager.
At this time of year you have to chase the sun around the buildings as it sets quicker.
You could start of at Andys bar next to the Marina hotel.
Music played and catches the sun until 15.30
Heinekin on tap @1.50 euro and maybe four pints ?
Then move to say the Riviera hotel outside lobby where they have the best bucket deal in town.
Five ice cold Estrlla 5.4% for only 6.50 a bucket.
And then finish of in Ticki beach bar maybe ?
Another two scoops

So 14.50 euros all in and then back to the digs for a sleep or a siesta as they say in the Blanca.

Night time spend
Tea time for around 6 euros
For drinks it gets a little dearer if you are watching a turn.
Western bar 3 euro a pint and good stuff.Brilliant shows and a night to remember.
Maybe just 4 pints as your topping up so 12 euros.

Then if you want a kentucky fried chicken to take back home for supper ask for a smack box as they are only 2 euros for a piece of proper chicken breast and chips.Not widely advertised on tv and you have to be in the know.
Total for the day and night @ around 35 euros @1.15 to the pound @ £30
Multiply by 7 @ £210 ish

Add on a few trips taxis and a fancy meal in Tony Romeros and somewhere around £250 to live like a king amongst kings.
Plus holiday cost @£150 @ =£400

Above is not a definative guide but gives some idea of budgeting.
If you pull a bird it will cost more depending on wether she gets a round or two in her self.
Let us know how you went on and happy holidays.
If ;-) will do mate

Don't let the scaremongers put you off Turkey, I go for a month every year and would move there tomorrow if I could.
I was there last yr when the coup attempt happened , didn't affect us in the slightest.
I go to a lovely fishing village called Gumusluk on the Bodrum peninsular, as far away from Istanbul and the Syrian border as you can get, friendly people, relaxed atmosphere, wall to wall sunshine and cheap as fuck. I feel safer there than in this country for sure and I wouldn't go anywhere else now.

Obviously not blue as your here typing.

Turkey is a wonderful place and I do not scaremonger.The problems are sadly real.
Tourism in 2017 is going to be tough .
Last years fall of 40% may be eclipsed.
I hope the place recovers which I feel sure it will.
Beautiful scenery and hospitabal people

Been going same place for 10yrs now, such a shame to see the locals struggling due to the drop in tourism. Obv Istanbul and the Syrian border have had some incidents, but there are absolutely no problems in most of the country, people have been put off due to scaremongering but it is totally unfounded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.