Holiday pay

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
Feel free to merge if needbe but its possibly a debate that can be kept separate.

I've read on ACAS website that your employer can make you use your holiday entitlement should the company need to shut down during this crisis, providing they give the appropriate notice.

However, I'd rather have the 80% pay as a furloughed worker and retain my holiday entitlement to use later in the year if possible.

Has anyone had this discussion with their employers yet. If so, what was the outcome?

My wife’s company are asking staff to take 2 weeks holiday over Easter. Then they will be furloughed on 80% pay for 4 weeks followed by another review. Other options being considered are using up all paid holiday and taking unpaid holiday depending upon the lockdown duration.

My wife’s company are asking staff to take 2 weeks holiday over Easter. Then they will be furloughed on 80% pay for 4 weeks followed by another review. Other options being considered are using up all paid holiday and taking unpaid holiday depending upon the lockdown duration.

Why are they considering unpaid holiday as an option? Can't they just have another period of their employees being furloughed on 80% pay.

My firm have said we can use 10 days hols if so wish but its our choice? But being furloughed its like using 10 days at 20%? so i passed on that idea

Why are they considering unpaid holiday as an option? Can't they just have another period of their employees being furloughed on 80% pay.

I believe that once an employee is furloughed they can no longer work for the company in any capacity, the furlough period is to be taken in one block rater than split over a period of time.

While Furlough and the thought of 3 months off on 80% pay sounds alright it is in effect a step away from losing your job.

My understanding is that you have an annual holiday entitlement in your contract and the company has an obligation to honour the number of days agreed holiday. However that is the only obligation, they can if they want force employees to take holidays as and when they choose.
For example, some companies have a summer or Xmas shut downs and people have to save holidays for this, same with teachers etc.. who can not take holiday's at their own choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.