Holiday season dubai

mcfcmick

Anybody recommend dubai for a holiday looking to go with the missus and lad what are the prices like for restaraunts bars etc and anybody recomend family friendly hotels

I would definitely recommend a visit just not between May and September if you have kids. It's hot. Very hot.

I stayed at the Atlantis palm it was amazing Dubai is dear especially for alcohol but it’s worth it and the weather is lovely
Lots to do for all the family

My work colleague who is a frequent visitor to Dubai tells me it is not the place to go if you want to be drinking alcohol every night
A beer in any hotel is around £8-£10 a pint and a bottle of average wine will set you back about £50

He says even the all inclusive options will be expensive because of the duty imposed on alcohol, plus the all inclusives aren't the best hotels

I have a tip, don't go.

The jumeria area is ok but step out of the tourist areas and you need to be careful, in terms of the police and the locals pulling a fast one.

I stayed in Sharjah for a month whilst working, trips to the irish village, the hotels in the jumeria beach area were ok but unless you have cash to excess its expensive.

A particular highlight of Sharjah I found was watching the Russian brothel and the window at which alcohol appeared from with a 'special' knock.

This was around 8years back I won't be rushing to go back, Dubai is for changing planes only for me

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

I am someone who loves hot weather but Dubai was to much for me. The humidity can be awful. Stay away June to September.

Abu Dhabi was unspoiled and a good run ashore in the early 80's while I was there in the Merchant Navy. The souk early evening for cheap shopping and lamb kebabs before going back onboard to drink Tennants at 10p a can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.