Covid and travel discussion

We did a week on Anglesey a couple of years ago with the Grandkids, brilliant holiday and we were lucky with the weather, we stayed at Rhos Neigr would definitely go back, if you've got Children with you go to the Butterfly nature park near the Bridge, our lot loved it

We did a week on Anglesey a couple of years ago with the Grandkids, brilliant holiday and we were lucky with the weather, we stayed at Rhos Neigr would definitely go back, if you've got Children with you go to the Butterfly nature park near the Bridge, our lot loved it
Nice one mate don’t think it’s to far from you was it’s called treaddor bay very isolated.
But it’s different for us .

Love Cologne since 1980s when I lived near Dusseldorf. My best wishes to all those affected. Great people in that part of Germany.
Lots of drama and tragedy over here, at least 143 people died in the floodings, many are still missing (in some parts there's no power, no gas or water supply, no phone or mobile phone connection). Many lost their homes, their cars and their working place in an instant - total chaos.

a-catastrophe-of-historic-proportion CNN

BBC coverage

Last edited:
Lots of drama and tragedy over here, at least 143 people died in the floodings, many are still missing (in some parts there's no power, no gas or water supply, no phone or mobile phone connection). Many lost their homes, their cars and their working place in an instant - total chaos.

a-catastrophe-of-historic-proportion CNN

BBC coverage
Terrible tragedy. I loved Germany and Cologne when I went to the World Cup in 2006. The countryside was stunning on the slow train from Cologne to Frankfurt.

We are going to Jersey next Saturday for a week, hotel B&B and flights £680 for the two of us, both double jabbed and up to yet all we have to do is a free PCR test when we arrive, no need to Quarantine until your results come through so fingers crossed nothing changes this week

Nice. Very reasonable prices.

That's probably cheaper than staying for a week in the Premier Inn off Denton roundabout.

Yes we have but looking at what's happening tonight the government are treating the vaccinated like the unvaccinated with all of this.
I think a lot of people's trust is being rapidly eroded now.

If they treat them differently they will get accused of restricting the 'freedoms' of those who don't want to be vaccinated.

Not sure where you are staying but if you get a chance Portelet beach and then Portelet pub after the climb up the stairs after the beach is a great day out.

Top restaurants littered all over the island and more pubs per square mile than anywhere in uk I believe - think I’ve been to most ;-)

spent 30 years there so kniw it all pretty well if you want to pm me for any tips - either way enjoy
We are staying in St Helier, across the road from the Howard Davies Park

I’m on my 2nd day in Lanzarote. I know we’ve taken a risk in having a holiday but having a blast so far, kids in their element . Smooth trip over , exactly the same as normal apart from showing the QR codes produced from filling out Spanish Health Forms at the Lanzarote end. (This was swift and only checked after already passing through Border control) Plenty of people scattered around to scan the QR code and kids have the temperature checked. So far so good , Hotel not full of many brits and not at capacity but loving it so far . Just hope it stays that way,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.